Injection-Moulded 1/35 C15A, C15TA, and Otter!

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Injection-Moulded 1/35 C15A, C15TA, and Otter!

July 11th, 2012, 2:48 am #1

July 11th, 2012, 3:48 am #2

Looking forward to these!

Inside the

July 11th, 2012, 7:58 am #3

Straight from the box or converted, lots of possibilities!

Javier de Luelmo - Diesel

http://dieselwerk.blogspot.com/

11a

July 11th, 2012, 8:24 am #4

Excellent news indeed. There are endless possibilities for a company interested in Allied softskins. Perhaps the worm is finally turning with IBGs Bedford Range due soon and now Miror Models with some fine looking plastic kits.

Looking forward to developments that's for sure.

Al

11a

July 11th, 2012, 8:30 am #5

Ops - duplicate post - must have been the excitement!

Al
Last edited by 11a on July 11th, 2012, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 11th, 2012, 12:59 pm #6

... Is that the company appears to be based in Ireland (and partnered with a Chinese manufacturer), whereas most of the newer plastic model manufacturers all seem to be based in Eastern Europe or Asia.

I sincerely hope they prosper.

Cheers!

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. (Bullet Tooth Tony)

July 11th, 2012, 1:04 pm #7

Looking forward to seeing what will folow and saving up my pennies for that C15A.

Karl.

July 11th, 2012, 1:20 pm #8

If the kits are good then this company is going to get a lot of my hard-earned.

July 11th, 2012, 1:35 pm #9

Hi,

Mirror Models is the "plastic" range of LZ Models.
In April Libor told me these CMP Kits will be in "injected" (no short run here) for the main parts, resin for engine, wheels etc and photoetching.
I hope the chinese partner will be as exigent as Libor is in its resin kits...

Cheers,
Patrice.

July 11th, 2012, 3:30 pm #10

Hi Patrice and all
many thanks for posting this news. Its been a while since, so I would like to bring more light into this, as the things have been updated lately.
Mirror Models products will be produced in plastic except wheels for wheeled vehicles, engine, and possibly just very few parts, often optional, which could not be produced in plastic at all - or only with compromises. But compromises is not an option for Mirror Models. Our Chinese partner, a producer of most advanced molds and injected parts, do the best job at their side, but simply injected technology has some limits, which cannot be avoided. For this reason we wont see for long time good looking M29 weasel in styrene or engine for Russian Stalinetz tractor....
Basic PE parts or turned barrels will be supplied with many kits. Once again these will be often to replace plastic bits and bring the build one level higher. In my opinion it is positive step to provide some base of PE bits and offer an option to everyone who want better result without searching AM products and spending more money. For certain kits additional PE parts, resin stowage details and similar stuff will be available to get separately. Many kits will also have included bonus figures.
Quality is most important thing, and also everybody´s satisfaction - soon you will find all the details about each kit together with test builds pictures at company website.
Cheers
Libor