InfRgt. Großdeutschland... France 1940...........

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

InfRgt. Großdeutschland... France 1940...........

February 8th, 2012, 8:59 am #1

Hi guys,

I'm close to finish a new vignette and want to show you my newest attempt of painting some figures.
This guys are from the Gen2 Dragon range and were slightly modified on some areas...

Figure painting is still one of the biggest challenges in our hobby (at least for me), but they are absolutely vital when a diorama should tell a story. So there's no way to avoid building and painting figures!
But meanwhile I REALLY enjoy it!!!

Painted exclusively in Tamiya and Vallejo acrylic paints...

Hope you like it!
And no, it's not a figure vignette... there's also a vehicle on board!

Best
Volker

Last edited by naggyskills on February 8th, 2012, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2012, 9:29 am #2

https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

February 8th, 2012, 11:10 am #3

Hi guys,

I'm close to finish a new vignette and want to show you my newest attempt of painting some figures.
This guys are from the Gen2 Dragon range and were slightly modified on some areas...

Figure painting is still one of the biggest challenges in our hobby (at least for me), but they are absolutely vital when a diorama should tell a story. So there's no way to avoid building and painting figures!

Hope you like it!

Best
Volker
Very well done,

Do you have a step by step, showing your method?

Thanks in advance.

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Replace dod in email address

February 8th, 2012, 11:57 am #4

Hi guys,

Hope you like it!

Best
Volker
Very nice job!!!

February 8th, 2012, 12:11 pm #5

Hi guys,

Hope you like it!

Best
Volker
I would also love to see a step by step guide on these. Brilliant...

February 8th, 2012, 12:43 pm #6

Hi guys,

Hope you like it!

Best
Volker
.. did you paint those damned cuff titles? And Grossdeutschland is misspelled on the machine gunner.
Kidding- very nice.

February 8th, 2012, 1:23 pm #7

Hi guys,

Hope you like it!

Best
Volker
Hello,

Great painting, but Inf. Rgt.(mot.)GD did not wear a cufftitle during the battle of France 1940 and even more important; GD wore their cufftitle on the other side, the right arm.

Best regards.

February 8th, 2012, 2:15 pm #8

Hi guys,

Hope you like it!

Best
Volker
did a wonderful job on the painting/shading/etc.
J

February 8th, 2012, 2:28 pm #9

Hi guys,

Hope you like it!

Best
Volker
Hi Volker,

Great paint jon it looks really good.
Painting with Tamiya acrylics? Tell me how ?

What vehicle will be included?

Cheers

Kristof

February 8th, 2012, 3:08 pm #10

Hi guys,

Hope you like it!

Best
Volker
We are are own harshest critics and I guess that is how it should be. I think the figures are excellent especially the uniforms. They really draw your eye into the figures. Improving my figures this year is my personal modeling challenge. I too would love to hear or better yet see your SBS for painting.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld