INDEPENDENT

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

INDEPENDENT

June 6th, 2008, 7:56 pm #1

Hi All,

We have just released the 1926 INDEPENDENT A1E1 in 1/35th scale as a full all resin kit, and all the details are now on our web site. Just visit:-

www.accurate-armour.com

or use the ML main page link button!

Regards,

Derek Hansen

June 7th, 2008, 11:41 am #2

I would like to see more please. Some larger pics would help a lot regarding details etc

Thank you however for this VERY VERY exciting model

Aj

Alasdair (AJ) Johnston

June 7th, 2008, 12:08 pm #3

Making a model of a tank of which only ONE example was ever built - thanks for having the guts to do it; I shall be getting one (in a few years when I've cleared my stack!)

Dick

June 7th, 2008, 1:56 pm #4

Hi All,

We have just released the 1926 INDEPENDENT A1E1 in 1/35th scale as a full all resin kit, and all the details are now on our web site. Just visit:-

www.accurate-armour.com

Regards,

Derek Hansen
Great idea ans great news!
And wonderfull idea to turn on the Twenties
It will be my next christmas gift!
Thanks!
Regards
gilles(Lostiznaos)

June 7th, 2008, 3:14 pm #5

Hi All,

www.accurate-armour.com

Regards,

Derek Hansen
Been waiting for this one ever since I saw a line drawing of it a couple of years ago in one of your catalogues. A must have.
One question though. Any idea what exactly were the 1940 mods done to the Independant?
I'd really like to model her in her 1930's form.

June 8th, 2008, 10:52 am #6

Shane,

Thanks for your comments, I think during all her trial years she was fitted with a nice polished (but possibly dummy) 3Pr. gun. This gun mounting was also the other way up. Around 1940 she seemed to aquire a fully working 3Pr and the turret front was changed for the sighting telescope, there also seems to be some evidence of a re-paint in Khaki-Green No-3. Even now I am still finding out things!

Derek

June 8th, 2008, 10:54 am #7

I would like to see more please. Some larger pics would help a lot regarding details etc

Aj

Alasdair (AJ) Johnston
Alasdair,

Thanks for the comments, I'll try and e-mail you a couple of larger ones this coming week if I get the chance.

Derek

June 8th, 2008, 11:32 am #8

As I am back into the early stuff (I am at the moment about 3/4 the way to finishing Mother, oh the rivets ! ) I am very interested , so some close ups would let me know just how big a project it will be and let me time the project into the year

Thanks mate and again mucho cudoso to Accurate Armour for doing such an important development piece.

Many regards

Alasdair

Alasdair (AJ) Johnston

June 9th, 2008, 11:01 am #9

Shane,

Thanks for your comments, I think during all her trial years she was fitted with a nice polished (but possibly dummy) 3Pr. gun. This gun mounting was also the other way up. Around 1940 she seemed to aquire a fully working 3Pr and the turret front was changed for the sighting telescope, there also seems to be some evidence of a re-paint in Khaki-Green No-3. Even now I am still finding out things!

Derek
Much appreciated.
I always wanted some of that 20's- 30's British armour like the Vickers Mediums and Carden Lloyd Tankettes.
This will make a hell of a start!

June 9th, 2008, 9:55 pm #10

Aj

Alasdair (AJ) Johnston
http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... ad&order=0

Simply hover over each thumbnail image and Right-Click with your mouse (assuming you use a PC), then 'Save target as...' to wherever you like on your HD - it will save the larger picture that would open if you simply click on the thumbnails. If you do open the thumbnails, you can't actually save the large pictures.

To go by the photos, it's an awesome model of a fantastic subject! Congratulations Accurate Armour!