In memorium...."Little Boots"

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

In memorium...."Little Boots"

June 13th, 2010, 1:42 am #1

Hi guys,
Quick post, a tribute to my colleague who died recently in a tragic vehicular accident. 120mm figure, conceived, sculpted (magic sculp), put together the base (Verlinden piece modified on DIY plinth, with Michelle's Ribbons and Brass name tag) and painted the lot (Vallejo acrylic and the fantastic MIG oils) all in 2 days.
Just got it finished on the morning of the IMSS show in Collins Barracks, entered to go on display in honour of Tpr Michelle Connolly.
Thanks must go out to Paul & Julie of Name It for their last minute and amazing name plate, and of course the immensely talented Aaron Smith who donated his (master copy!!!) scratch built 120mm STEYR AUG 5.56 assault rifle! Thanks to Roy Kinsella for the pictures.
Michelle was a great soldier and comrade, you will be sadly missed "Little Boots".
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks for looking,
Glen

June 13th, 2010, 3:35 am #2

A fitting tribute. Godspeed Trooper Connolly.

A US veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

June 14th, 2010, 9:09 pm #3

Hi guys,
Quick post, a tribute to my colleague who died recently in a tragic vehicular accident. 120mm figure, conceived, sculpted (magic sculp), put together the base (Verlinden piece modified on DIY plinth, with Michelle's Ribbons and Brass name tag) and painted the lot (Vallejo acrylic and the fantastic MIG oils) all in 2 days.
Just got it finished on the morning of the IMSS show in Collins Barracks, entered to go on display in honour of Tpr Michelle Connolly.
Thanks must go out to Paul & Julie of Name It for their last minute and amazing name plate, and of course the immensely talented Aaron Smith who donated his (master copy!!!) scratch built 120mm STEYR AUG 5.56 assault rifle! Thanks to Roy Kinsella for the pictures.
Michelle was a great soldier and comrade, you will be sadly missed "Little Boots".
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks for looking,
Glen
What a nice fitting tribute. Great work. He'd be proud. Nice job all around.

Rod

June 16th, 2010, 7:59 pm #4

Hi guys,
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks for looking,
Glen
Hi guys,

Much appreciated, thanks for taking the time!
Keep well,
Glen

June 22nd, 2010, 2:41 pm #5

Hi guys,
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks for looking,
Glen
Sorry Im late

Glen sent me the link for this a few weeks ago. The colors look good on the camouflage. The base also looks professional. I might have added some more shadows to the face but that might simply be a result of the flash from the camera.

Hope to see more work from you soon.

Sincerely
ANPW

July 1st, 2010, 12:00 pm #6

Hi guys,
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks for looking,
Glen
What a wonderful way to memorialize a good mate. May he rest in peace.

Respectfully,
Allen

July 6th, 2010, 12:55 pm #7

Sorry Im late

Glen sent me the link for this a few weeks ago. The colors look good on the camouflage. The base also looks professional. I might have added some more shadows to the face but that might simply be a result of the flash from the camera.

Hope to see more work from you soon.

Sincerely
ANPW
Hi Adam,

Thanks for looking and for your input. Yes the pics aren't the best, but your right, ideally more tones in the skin would be better. I was under very tight time constraints on this so painting was not as detailed as I would have liked.
Thanks again, and keep the great products coming, we want more of those lovely oil colours!
Cheers,
Glen

July 6th, 2010, 12:57 pm #8

What a wonderful way to memorialize a good mate. May he rest in peace.

Respectfully,
Allen
Hi Al,

How have you been mate? Thanks for looking and for the thoughts. It's about the best way I know that I could have honoured her. She was a great soldier!
Thanks mate, and take care,
Glen