IDF M1 Sherman.

May 7th, 2017, 4:47 pm #1

Although this build is based on the Tamiya kit of the M1 Sherman, I've only used the upper hull and turret, because of Tamiya's "past it's sell by date" lower hull and running gear. Instead, I used the lower hull and running gear from Dragon's M4 Hybrid/Composite. The main gun is RB Models. This particular tank was fitted with T49 tracks and for this I used the ones from Panda Tracks. The decals are the excellent ones from Sabingamartin and it was painted using MIG's IDF green, although it doesn't seem to me to be brown enough. Oh well, next time.
Thanks for looking.

John.

Last edited by John Bryce on May 7th, 2017, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great lookin' Shermy !

May 8th, 2017, 1:26 pm #2

Great lookin' Shermy !

Beautiful Job

May 10th, 2017, 1:11 am #3

Although this build is based on the Tamiya kit of the M1 Sherman, I've only used the upper hull and turret, because of Tamiya's "past it's sell by date" lower hull and running gear. Instead, I used the lower hull and running gear from Dragon's M4 Hybrid/Composite. The main gun is RB Models. This particular tank was fitted with T49 tracks and for this I used the ones from Panda Tracks. The decals are the excellent ones from Sabingamartin and it was painted using MIG's IDF green, although it doesn't seem to me to be brown enough. Oh well, next time.
Thanks for looking.

John.

John,
Excellent work. When i did my Sandwich car I used MM Olive Drab and MM Military Brown at a 50/50 mix.

Re: Great lookin' Shermy !

May 10th, 2017, 8:16 am #4

Great lookin' Shermy !
Thanks a lot Jerry. Much appreciated.

John.

Like it.

May 10th, 2017, 8:25 am #5

John,
Excellent work. When i did my Sandwich car I used MM Olive Drab and MM Military Brown at a 50/50 mix.

Thanks Mark. Love the a/c. What did you use for info? I have a 1/35th drawing of one of these from an old Tankette mag, but I'm short on photo info. I believe that Sabingamartin intend doing a book on these sometime in the future.

John.

Several

May 10th, 2017, 1:18 pm #6

The kit itself is the old ADV/Azimut conversion with Sheet styrene mounted to the new HobbyBoss M3A1. References were from Tom Gannon, SabingaMartin, MOuse House and the internet