I really Love Dio's What a piece of ART !

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

I really Love Dio's What a piece of ART !

Chris " Panzer " Mrosko
Chris " Panzer " Mrosko

December 5th, 2001, 11:54 pm #1

The Goverdomme Dio is the best that I have ever seen. It really rocks.Great Job. Chris Mrosko Warriors

marijn van gils
marijn van gils

December 6th, 2001, 9:59 am #2

Thanks Chris!

By the way, could I ask you , as influential person in warriors, to please, please get a good quality priest produced, and if possible some more civilians. they are impossible to find!
Cheers!

marijn

Chris " Panzer " Mrosko
Chris " Panzer " Mrosko

December 6th, 2001, 10:44 am #3

No problem I will see what I can do for you.Great Dio !

marijn van gils
marijn van gils

December 6th, 2001, 11:34 am #4

Jean-Baptiste Verlhac
Jean-Baptiste Verlhac

December 6th, 2001, 3:39 pm #5

Thanks Chris!

By the way, could I ask you , as influential person in warriors, to please, please get a good quality priest produced, and if possible some more civilians. they are impossible to find!
Cheers!

marijn
I can understand that as a manufacturer it's easier to sell some german figures but Marijn is right, Civilian figures are generally very poor (the choice is MK 35, Sol and civilian refugees from CDio and Gunze), a mulpose concept could also be interesting rather than many civilian figures
Cheers
Jean-Baptiste

December 6th, 2001, 11:33 pm #6

And (excuse me) how about some dead civilians? I know it's morbid, but it certainly does reflect reality! A bombed-out ruin, with dead civilians (even children) would look even more authentic. Sure, it would be uncomfortable, but war in general is uncomfortable. I'm tired of "sugar-coating" our depictions of war. Let's move on to the next level of realism... (OK, I must be mental!!!)

Charlie

Jose. T. Rodriguez
Jose. T. Rodriguez

December 7th, 2001, 3:24 am #7

No problem I will see what I can do for you.Great Dio !
Hey Panzer Man How about some W.W.I figures. German, English, American, French, Russian, Poles, etc. Civilians would also be nice. Some W.W.I artillery would also be nice to see.

Something like a resin W.W.I trench section with all of the acessories would be a welcomed addition.

W.W.I is a great subject that no one is producing at the moment.

How about some W.W.II, and W.W.I KIA, German, USA, Japanese, Russian, British, Italian, French?

I would also like to see a update kit for the Russian SU-76. This should include a complete, corrected upper hull. It should also include a complete interior front, and back compartment. This would be one heck of a kit.

If you want any other suggestions, e-mail me in private. You know where to reach me.

Jose. T. Rodriguez
AMPS CT
Tiger Productions

December 7th, 2001, 1:18 pm #8

The Goverdomme Dio is the best that I have ever seen. It really rocks.Great Job. Chris Mrosko Warriors
What a piece! I only hope that some days I could do a dio half as fantastic as your dio, Marijn!

REally great!

Fred

Jean-Baptiste Verlhac
Jean-Baptiste Verlhac

December 7th, 2001, 1:29 pm #9

And (excuse me) how about some dead civilians? I know it's morbid, but it certainly does reflect reality! A bombed-out ruin, with dead civilians (even children) would look even more authentic. Sure, it would be uncomfortable, but war in general is uncomfortable. I'm tired of "sugar-coating" our depictions of war. Let's move on to the next level of realism... (OK, I must be mental!!!)

Charlie
Hi Charlie
Sure it would be realistic but I think you can transmit the same message whithout dead bodies , just put a blanket on a body and you have the same message without beeing gore , add a teddy bear on the side and you finally transmit the same feeling , no??
Jean-Baptiste

MJBannerman
MJBannerman

December 7th, 2001, 2:01 pm #10

I've never done a dio...never thought I would ...but looking at Marijn's incredible piece has given me the inspiration and determination to make a go of it.

MJB