I need a Beach base....

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

I need a Beach base....

March 15th, 2011, 5:00 pm #1

I know Masterpiece Models makes a Pacific Stronghold Diorama Base, due to time constrants I can't get one in time, does anyone else make a beach time base large enough for a Stuart sized vehicle?

Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

March 15th, 2011, 9:39 pm #2

Hi Scott,

Great North Roads make some excellent bases ,and have several beach/pacific bases and accessories.

Glen

Glen Burns

Creative Models Australia
glen@creativemodels.com.au
www.creativemodels.com.au

March 16th, 2011, 2:39 am #3

I think. They make very nice coconut logs and wall sections. I think the base has a coconut mg bunker on it IIRC

March 16th, 2011, 3:03 am #4

Hi folks,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but...

I've heard the name Farina Enterprises bandied around a fair bit and I've even seen a few photos of the products on the net (they look really nice).

Unfortunately I've never seen a website or catalogue of their products, or even a store that sells them - Can anyone help?

I've heard that there are paper catalogues of Farina Enterprises products out there and I'd love to get a hold of one!

Thanks,

Alex

March 16th, 2011, 4:39 pm #5

but if you look in the back of FineScale Modeler there is usually an ad there. I'd look for you but I don't have any FSM's at work. I've purchased all my items from him at shows in the NorthEast. I've never mail ordered. I will say his products are some of the nicest most unique dio pieces out there. Good luck in your search. I'll see if I can find any info at home
Best bobC

March 17th, 2011, 1:12 am #6

Hi folks,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but...

I've heard the name Farina Enterprises bandied around a fair bit and I've even seen a few photos of the products on the net (they look really nice).

Unfortunately I've never seen a website or catalogue of their products, or even a store that sells them - Can anyone help?

I've heard that there are paper catalogues of Farina Enterprises products out there and I'd love to get a hold of one!

Thanks,

Alex
Alex, sorry his address is the best I can do Farina Enterprises, PO Box 101, Arlington, Ma 02476 USA, his first name is Joseph/Joe if that will help with a search
Scott, the Pacific base I was thinking of is actually a set of two well cast Hydrocal "plugs" about 5" x 4" each. Each looks like a sandy fought over battle site, very well done and great detail even in Hydrocal. You would have to "plug" these into a larger base to get the room for your M2 to sit on it. Basically these are 3-4 figure vignette bases, anyway the number is FEA37 Pacific Theatre Vignettes.
Hope this helps each of you and sorry I don't have more precise info
Regards bobC
ps didn't Verlinden do a Pacific base in resin pretty recently?

March 17th, 2011, 2:20 am #7

I know Masterpiece Models makes a Pacific Stronghold Diorama Base, due to time constrants I can't get one in time, does anyone else make a beach time base large enough for a Stuart sized vehicle?

Scott,

Joe Farina of Farina Enterprises is a friend of mine. If you still need his email address email me at nibroc01@msn.com and I'll be glad to give you his email address.

Brian

March 21st, 2011, 6:04 am #8

Alex, sorry his address is the best I can do Farina Enterprises, PO Box 101, Arlington, Ma 02476 USA, his first name is Joseph/Joe if that will help with a search
Scott, the Pacific base I was thinking of is actually a set of two well cast Hydrocal "plugs" about 5" x 4" each. Each looks like a sandy fought over battle site, very well done and great detail even in Hydrocal. You would have to "plug" these into a larger base to get the room for your M2 to sit on it. Basically these are 3-4 figure vignette bases, anyway the number is FEA37 Pacific Theatre Vignettes.
Hope this helps each of you and sorry I don't have more precise info
Regards bobC
ps didn't Verlinden do a Pacific base in resin pretty recently?
Hi Bob,

Thanks a lot for the info - Maybe I'll drop him an email as per Brian's message below and see what comes of it.

Failing that I'll write him a letter!

Cheers,

Alex