I'm kind of surprised...

September 29th, 2006, 8:15 am #1

...that nobody has picked up on the announcement of an Early Tiger from Dragon, over on Armorama.

http://tinyurl.com/egqnw

David

Perhaps...

September 29th, 2006, 10:06 am #2

...the fact that it will be released through Cyberhobby exclusively is putting off many potential customers ?
Certainly it is not good news to me and a few others I know.

Hopefully a regular Dragon Tiger I Early "3 in 1" will be available through 'normal' channels in a near future without all the hassle of having to register and wait for ages for your kit to turn up!

Yann
101XXXyann@wanadoo.fr (delete XXX)

Japanese text in the poster says....

September 29th, 2006, 11:15 am #3

...that nobody has picked up on the announcement of an Early Tiger from Dragon, over on Armorama.

http://tinyurl.com/egqnw

David
"Cyber-Hobby will release a Tiger I Early kit.
New parts are added to our OOP Tiger I Early (DAK) kit, and the kit is released as Tiger Ace, Wittman's ride. This is an one-production-run-only, limited kit..."

The grammar of the Japanese text in the poster is sligthly strange, and I am not 100% sure what it actually says. It seems to be suggesting that this kit is somewhat "an interim measure"...

Kazutaka

I agree

September 29th, 2006, 2:06 pm #4

...the fact that it will be released through Cyberhobby exclusively is putting off many potential customers ?
Certainly it is not good news to me and a few others I know.

Hopefully a regular Dragon Tiger I Early "3 in 1" will be available through 'normal' channels in a near future without all the hassle of having to register and wait for ages for your kit to turn up!

Yann
101XXXyann@wanadoo.fr (delete XXX)
I want to do several early Tigers but I don't want to pay more for a Limited Edition kit.
I will wait for Dragon to release their kit.

I wonder if this is a way to rerelease the DAK tiger

September 29th, 2006, 2:07 pm #5

"Cyber-Hobby will release a Tiger I Early kit.
New parts are added to our OOP Tiger I Early (DAK) kit, and the kit is released as Tiger Ace, Wittman's ride. This is an one-production-run-only, limited kit..."

The grammar of the Japanese text in the poster is sligthly strange, and I am not 100% sure what it actually says. It seems to be suggesting that this kit is somewhat "an interim measure"...

Kazutaka
while avoiding the issue of that being a limited reissue never to be released again promise.

If it is the DAK tiger with added parts and differnt decals then I think their marketing may be a bit suspect.

Will I buy it? Maybe.

Dave

Thanks

Dave Schemel

Improving my modeling one mistake at a time.

www.justplanestuff.net
David Schemel
General Wisdom Donkey

Well...

September 29th, 2006, 2:51 pm #6

Having worked on this kit with Dragon, I pretty much know what's in the box, but I'm not sure how to answer your question.

Yes, the box contains parts from DAK Tiger. Also parts from Premium Tiger (P) and Initial Tiger. Also parts from Late Tiger. Also newly tooled parts. So is it the 'same' kit? The answer isn't obvious. To some people, an Early is an Early. But others are aware of the many detail changes that took place, as compiled by Doyle and Jentz. Read their book, or look here:
http://missing-lynx.com/panzer_facts/pftiger.htm
and see just how different this tank (April/May 1943) is from DAK Tiger.

The most obvious changes are: different Feifels, added turret escape hatch, different engine covers, added loader's periscope.

David

To explain further

September 29th, 2006, 3:45 pm #7

I realize that this kit would have other parts then the DAK but will the box contain a the parts to make a complete DAK tiger except for the decals and differnt instructions. Will the PE be there to make a DAK tiger?

No, it is not the same kit but is it the basically the same kit with extras?

Thanks

Dave Schemel

Improving my modeling one mistake at a time.

www.justplanestuff.net
David Schemel
General Wisdom Donkey

no

September 29th, 2006, 4:26 pm #8

It wouldnt have a turret shell with no escape hatch, the Afrika type track guards, etc. Yes the new kit has PARTS from the DAK Tiger, but it doesnt have ALL of the parts.
DAVID NICKELS

Then, what the difference will be...

September 29th, 2006, 4:33 pm #9

Having worked on this kit with Dragon, I pretty much know what's in the box, but I'm not sure how to answer your question.

Yes, the box contains parts from DAK Tiger. Also parts from Premium Tiger (P) and Initial Tiger. Also parts from Late Tiger. Also newly tooled parts. So is it the 'same' kit? The answer isn't obvious. To some people, an Early is an Early. But others are aware of the many detail changes that took place, as compiled by Doyle and Jentz. Read their book, or look here:
http://missing-lynx.com/panzer_facts/pftiger.htm
and see just how different this tank (April/May 1943) is from DAK Tiger.

The most obvious changes are: different Feifels, added turret escape hatch, different engine covers, added loader's periscope.

David
What the difference will be between this limited-run early Tiger I kit and DML's forthcoming, regular kit, #6269 Sd.Kfz.181 Tiger I Early Production?

Actually...

September 29th, 2006, 7:57 pm #10

It wouldnt have a turret shell with no escape hatch, the Afrika type track guards, etc. Yes the new kit has PARTS from the DAK Tiger, but it doesnt have ALL of the parts.
I can't answer this question yet, as I haven't seen the sprue set. I would expect some of the DAK parts to be missing.

But ironically, one thing I can guarantee you is the option to build a turret with two pistol ports! Dragon have made a new turret sprue with the turret divided into halves. It's in the Premiium Tiger(P) kit already and will be used here. It includes one right half with, and another without, an escape hatch.

I believe Dragon can adjust this mold to make the roof with or without a loader's hatch as needed, so you'd have to close that up when backdating the turret.

David