hybrid shermans

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

hybrid shermans

March 8th, 2009, 2:02 am #1

this is what happens when someone shows you a picture of something you didnt know existed.a quick search of my left over bits located asmall hatch m4a1 nose which was left over from the m4a1 76 hobbyboss/tamiya effort from awhile ago.a quick cut and paste job with atamiya m4 and about 8hrs effort and the above photos are the m4small hatch composite only a very small number were built before they switched to the large hatch version .this one will be done as avechile of thhe 7th armouredd division. thanks to aphoto from bruce culver and some help from dragos over on t 48 the die was cast and the fun began

number 2 large hatch composite m4 this one is atamiya iron division conversion .its painted following pats gunzee/tamiya recipe and an illistration in concords sherman in british service.its a rocket armed firefly of the coldstream gaurds.the rockets are from a tamiya mosquito as none of the plane builders in my local club had atyphoon wiyh the right type [hiexplosive]so i settled with amour peiceing ones hope you like these any comments more than welcome and lu can i add these to the new group build please thanks wayne

Last edited by waynebull on March 8th, 2009, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 8th, 2009, 3:42 am #2

Hi Wayne

You had hard work.
I felt your eagerness for modelling.
That makes your wonderful "Hybrid Rocketed-Sherman".
Thanks show it. I like it!

By the way, me also build a roketed sherman that
rocket I used from Hasegawa 1/48 Typhoon Mk.1B.
But that Typhoon still in a box.

Best egards

Masanori Sato

March 8th, 2009, 5:08 pm #3

this is what happens when someone shows you a picture of something you didnt know existed.a quick search of my left over bits located asmall hatch m4a1 nose which was left over from the m4a1 76 hobbyboss/tamiya effort from awhile ago.a quick cut and paste job with atamiya m4 and about 8hrs effort and the above photos are the m4small hatch composite only a very small number were built before they switched to the large hatch version .this one will be done as avechile of thhe 7th armouredd division. thanks to aphoto from bruce culver and some help from dragos over on t 48 the die was cast and the fun began

number 2 large hatch composite m4 this one is atamiya iron division conversion .its painted following pats gunzee/tamiya recipe and an illistration in concords sherman in british service.its a rocket armed firefly of the coldstream gaurds.the rockets are from a tamiya mosquito as none of the plane builders in my local club had atyphoon wiyh the right type [hiexplosive]so i settled with amour peiceing ones hope you like these any comments more than welcome and lu can i add these to the new group build please thanks wayne

VERY Cool!

Hi Wayne;

I am LOVING your tulip rocketed Firefly! This is a great effort, you have some serious scratching skills, Mate.

Very, VERY well done! I love to open a thread & see a couple of cool Shermans.

Keep up the great work, Wayne. Always a delight to see someone who loves Shermans as much as I do.

Cheers Mate, Pat

March 9th, 2009, 2:45 pm #4

Wayne,

Good work on boht of your composite Shermans. The small hatch looks promising -and rare indeed- and the Tulip is quite cool too.

Are you planing to add crew to your biulds? I think that is the final touch they need to look really great.

Keep us posted
Lu

March 10th, 2009, 10:29 pm #5

That was the Tulip Firefly that I wanted to do! You beat me to it. Oh well, you did a much better job at it than I would have. GREAT WORK!!