HUNTER - Dieppe Dingo and a quickie

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

HUNTER - Dieppe Dingo and a quickie

November 2nd, 2009, 11:32 pm #1

I started something new yesterday, and I thought I might show some progress

This is going to be HUNTER, a Dingo that landed at Dieppe with the Calgary Tanks.

My starting point is a very old and horrible Tamiya Dingo with Eduard etch I did a while ago:

I've started by stripping the paint, and have begun converting the model to better match my subject. This has included scratching a new front stowage bin so I can bend it, new doors so they can be modelled open, rear crash bar and roof:

A few little details left to tinker with, then I can get some paint on this

Thanks for looking

Chris

November 3rd, 2009, 8:10 pm #2

Hi Chris, I like the scratch work you added. You are getting good mileage out of your reference! Randy

November 3rd, 2009, 10:06 pm #3

I certainly plan to! the long term goal is to model all the Dieppe Churchills as they appear in the after action photos, and all the dingos. I've also done the Jeep CM 218884:

I got some primer, a preshade and paint on the Dingo today. I'll post some more shots when the base coats are complete

Thanks

Chris

November 5th, 2009, 11:04 pm #4

This is going to be HUNTER, a Dingo that landed at Dieppe with the Calgary Tanks.

My starting point is a very old and horrible Tamiya Dingo with Eduard etch I did a while ago:

I've started by stripping the paint, and have begun converting the model to better match my subject. This has included scratching a new front stowage bin so I can bend it, new doors so they can be modelled open, rear crash bar and roof:

Thanks for looking

Chris
OK, I've had a stab at the paint job, and applied some decals:

Next job is weathering, so more shots when that is done

Chris

Lawrence Goh
Lawrence Goh

November 6th, 2009, 3:26 am #5

Hi Chris,

Nicely done on a oldie! Just want to point that there is another allied flash torwards rear edge of the engine deck. Otherwise, it's complete. Btw, I know it's debatable - I would use the yellow fill-in for the tac number as well.

Best regards,

Lawrence

November 6th, 2009, 6:27 am #6

OK, I've had a stab at the paint job, and applied some decals:

Next job is weathering, so more shots when that is done

Chris
Hi Chris, The new paint job looks good!! Is this a stand alone or part of a larger scene? Randy

November 6th, 2009, 7:53 am #7

Thanks for looking

Chris
good job of detailing as ever, Chris. And it looks very pretty with a 3 tone camo. Going on and keep us posted.

cheers Erik

November 6th, 2009, 11:39 am #8

Thanks for looking

Chris
Just love these mini dioramas with the Dieppe theme

Fred

November 6th, 2009, 2:01 pm #9

Hi Chris,

Nicely done on a oldie! Just want to point that there is another allied flash torwards rear edge of the engine deck. Otherwise, it's complete. Btw, I know it's debatable - I would use the yellow fill-in for the tac number as well.

Best regards,

Lawrence
Thanks Lawrence,

I did go for the yellow insert numbers, but one fell victim to a 'decal malfunction' (I'm embarrassed to admit I dropped and lost it putting it on).

I'm going to try and carefully paint that one in later

Thanks for the heads up on the flash too, forgot that one!

When will this set be released BTW?

Chris

November 6th, 2009, 2:07 pm #10

Just love these mini dioramas with the Dieppe theme

Fred
Randy, they are sort of stand alone. I worked out to do it all on one base would mean a beach dio twice the length of my house! Doing it this way I can cut out all the 'empty beach' between the tanks and Dingos. It would be fun to display it all together one day though

I'm going top have to source either a few after market Dingo engines, or scratch one and maybe get it cast, as a lot of the other Dieppe dingos seem to be missing the engine bonnet

Chris