Hudson and Allen leaves aren't cooperating

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Hudson and Allen leaves aren't cooperating

Kenneth Dauterive
Kenneth Dauterive

April 11th, 2004, 2:14 pm #1

I recently purchased some Hudson and Allen diecut oak leaves. They come attached to a plastic backing, and you’re supposed to peel away the excess paper, leaving the cut-out leaf shapes attached to the backing. Then you simply peel away the leaves.

Problem is: they won’t come away from the plastic. They’re stuck tight, and any attempt to remove them simply rips them apart.

This is the first time I’ve ever dealt with this product, so I wonder: is this usual? How does anyone get these leaves free from the plastic? Or did I get a defective product?

Ebbe Bergman
Ebbe Bergman

April 11th, 2004, 2:51 pm #2

Hi!
Use a hobby knife or a scalpel think its called that in english too to peel them off the plastic protection sheet.
Cheers!
Ebbe

Kenneth Dauterive
Kenneth Dauterive

April 12th, 2004, 12:14 am #3

These things are stuck on good and tight. I thought maybe there was some trick to it, like soaking them off or something.

Alasdair K Johnston
Alasdair K Johnston

April 12th, 2004, 10:00 am #4

It softens the glue....still ripped up quite a few

Alasdair

Kenneth Dauterive
Kenneth Dauterive

April 12th, 2004, 2:29 pm #5

nt

April 14th, 2004, 6:34 pm #6

I've used a few of these sheets. They are a great product, although I have ran into the same problem with one sheet. Try exchanging it, and if that is not possible try contacting Hudson and Allen. Also, the maple leaf sheets are easier to handle than the oak.

I don't have a web site address for them but the phone number is 313-457-2171.
Good luck.