how to Verlinden wheels with snow chains to Tamyia m8

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

how to Verlinden wheels with snow chains to Tamyia m8

John Keogh
John Keogh

November 12th, 2004, 4:31 pm #1

Im new to this site so forgive my obvious mistakes.Im trying to build the Tamyia M8 with Verlindens wheels with snow chains,I cannot for the life of me see how its done can anyone help

November 12th, 2004, 7:43 pm #2

I believe Verlinden sells these already made, I recall seeing tires with snowchains, but I honestly do not know for what vehicle. Good luck!

John keogh
John keogh

November 13th, 2004, 9:46 am #3

I have the set already but they do not include instructions how to fit them.They are for the Tamyia M8 the M8 axle stub is far to long and thick for the Verlinden wheels I was wondering if anyone has done this conversion before and is there another way to fit them.

Jakko Westerbeke
Jakko Westerbeke

November 13th, 2004, 10:27 am #4

Although I've never built a Tamiya M8 kit, nor have I seen the Verlinden wheels, my first thought is "Can't you drill holes for the Tamiya axles in the Verlinden wheels?"

November 13th, 2004, 11:40 pm #5

I was thinking the same thing, can you simply widen the hole? You probably already thought of that! :>!

John Keogh
John Keogh

November 14th, 2004, 10:30 am #6

Ive been talking to modeller on another site who had the same problem he fitted the tamyia parts which hold the poly cap to the verlinden wheels giving them a stronger attachment.This may make the vehicle look a little bandy but only if viewed from the front or rear I intend to use it in a Ardennes Diorama and it will be viewed from the side.Thanks for all your help.