how to paint a hit......

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

how to paint a hit......

Niels Henkemans
Niels Henkemans

February 15th, 2004, 1:30 pm #1

I'm working on a KO firefly and it will have two holes in its side. The problem is that I don't know how I should paint the area around it. I've found this picture http://imagen.britishpathe.com/scripts/ ... 0310&sif=0 but I'm not sure wich colors I should use.
Tanks in advance

matt hunt
matt hunt

February 17th, 2004, 10:40 am #2

Hi

For recent hits, the immidiate area, such as the hole and splinter marks can be silvered for the fresh metal marks.

Older hits will have started to rust and can be painted as amixture of bronze, rust reds and oranges.

One caveat here is that I am R/G colourblind so this works for me but I'd check the hues carefully before applying to your own work.

In lighter metals where the metal will have bent under the impact - eg fenders, paint will have chipped away to reveal undercoats or bare metal too.