how much base

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

how much base

June 24th, 2006, 3:03 am #1

i had poor results with a mixture of tamiya clear and tamiya base . can onyone tell me a good mixture for really low sheen final coat. do i have to thin the base before i mix it? ididnt get the frosting but instead just a few specs in the surface.

June 24th, 2006, 3:07 am #2

im careful not to agitate or shake the clear.

June 24th, 2006, 2:35 pm #3

i had poor results with a mixture of tamiya clear and tamiya base . can onyone tell me a good mixture for really low sheen final coat. do i have to thin the base before i mix it? ididnt get the frosting but instead just a few specs in the surface.
Buy a real clear flat spray. I have messed with the Tamiya clear gloss and flat base, and it was either glossier than I wanted, or came out white becasue of too much flat base or humidity. Testors, Poly Scale, Humrol, all make various enamel and/or acrylic flat coats.
DAVID NICKELS

June 26th, 2006, 12:58 pm #4

10 parts of clear to one part flat base. will give a flat finish .
15 parts clear to one part flat base will give a semi gloss.

Kevin (Bluey)
"I'm not young enough to know every thing"