how do i make realistic weld seems

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

how do i make realistic weld seems

February 24th, 2006, 1:34 pm #1

hi looking for some help on making realistic weld seems any info would be a great help thank you paul

February 24th, 2006, 4:43 pm #2

by Lee Lloyd, he of the mad Dieppe Churchill project with hundreds of brass rivets and bolts. I've tried it and I ca report that it gives effective results, even for me, with a bit of practice.

February 24th, 2006, 7:04 pm #3

hi looking for some help on making realistic weld seems any info would be a great help thank you paul
Aber sells several different widths of p-e weld beads. Just cut them and glue them in place. You can bend them too. I find they look pretty good when sealed down with a bit of Tamiya surfacer. And they are very easy to use.
DAVID NICKELS

February 25th, 2006, 2:32 am #4

thank you for the help i was thinking JB weld it is like a epoxy drys and looks like steel do not know if it will work thank you very much david

February 25th, 2006, 2:34 am #5

by Lee Lloyd, he of the mad Dieppe Churchill project with hundreds of brass rivets and bolts. I've tried it and I ca report that it gives effective results, even for me, with a bit of practice.
i am going to check that out i thought of useing epoxy do not know if that would work thank you robert happy modeling