How did they climb out?

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

How did they climb out?

John Pradarelli
John Pradarelli

April 30th, 2002, 8:11 pm #1

Hi all:

I am working on a Tiger II w/Henschel Turret for a diorama I am doing (you may have seen my other post about the diorama). I would like to have a tank crew member climbing out of the escape hatch on the back of the hull. I cannot find any pictures that demonstrate the manuveur required to get out of there. Did they come out head first, feet first, upside down, rightside up? Any info that you guys could offer would be most helpful. Just a note, he is casually leaving the tank...not under fire or duress. Thanks again !

John
"Wow...you really can glue your fingers together!"

Bruce Barber
Bruce Barber

May 1st, 2002, 6:23 pm #2

Hi
you may want to try the jaguar set of figures entitled escaping tank crew.These guys are under diress butin that set there is one guy climbing out of a side or back hatch and he may be bang on what your looking for
good luck
Bruce

Matthew hunt
Matthew hunt

May 3rd, 2002, 11:36 am #3

Hi all:

I am working on a Tiger II w/Henschel Turret for a diorama I am doing (you may have seen my other post about the diorama). I would like to have a tank crew member climbing out of the escape hatch on the back of the hull. I cannot find any pictures that demonstrate the manuveur required to get out of there. Did they come out head first, feet first, upside down, rightside up? Any info that you guys could offer would be most helpful. Just a note, he is casually leaving the tank...not under fire or duress. Thanks again !

John
"Wow...you really can glue your fingers together!"
I recall seeing a photo (Max Hastings book??) of someone exiting as if doing a pull up ie reach up over head to grab outside of vehicle whilst facing into vehicle. then they'd wriggled out so their legs were last out and they were sat on the rear decking. Hope this helps.