Hornet bare heads

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

Hornet bare heads

May 19th, 2010, 7:38 am #1

Hi
I find Hornet's bare heads ( in this case the type without hairstyles ) to be very useful especially with helmets. If you're on a budget one set goes a long way. Here's one I used on Dragon's Marine. Attaching it on an opened collar or bare chest requires more work than a buttoned or closed collar. Putty was used to patch up the joint.

[/IMG]

Here's the figure posed with the others also upgraded with bare heads.

[/IMG]

Cheers
Patrick

May 19th, 2010, 8:25 am #2

Hi Patrick,
Really like the look a lot, was wondering what method you used for the stubble of the face and the marine hair cut? Great stuff, thanks for posting.
Regards
Sven

May 19th, 2010, 11:42 am #3

Hi
I find Hornet's bare heads ( in this case the type without hairstyles ) to be very useful especially with helmets. If you're on a budget one set goes a long way. Here's one I used on Dragon's Marine. Attaching it on an opened collar or bare chest requires more work than a buttoned or closed collar. Putty was used to patch up the joint.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Patrick
Your figure work is simply amazing! Care to share any painting techniques? What do you paint in, acrylics or oils?
Again, stunning work!
Rod

May 19th, 2010, 11:35 pm #4

Hi

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Patrick
Stunning work. If you have a cd or webpage on how you do your work, I'll buy it.

Paul R. Miles
Temecula Valley Model Club
Haudsceptrum Haudsentio Haudforsit

May 20th, 2010, 8:30 am #5

Your figure work is simply amazing! Care to share any painting techniques? What do you paint in, acrylics or oils?
Again, stunning work!
Rod
Oils and acrylics where I feel it's necessary or more convenient. Thanks Rod. Feel free to message me.

Cheers
Patrick

May 20th, 2010, 8:36 am #6

Hi Patrick,
Really like the look a lot, was wondering what method you used for the stubble of the face and the marine hair cut? Great stuff, thanks for posting.
Regards
Sven
Thanks Sven. Oils is best for this. A more detailed 'how to' for 5 o'clock shadow and stubble is in Military Modelcraft International (UK) Dec 2009.

Cheers
Patrick

May 20th, 2010, 8:39 am #7

Stunning work. If you have a cd or webpage on how you do your work, I'll buy it.

Paul R. Miles
Temecula Valley Model Club
Haudsceptrum Haudsentio Haudforsit
Thanks Paul. I'm just 'small time'. No CD or book. LOL! I do contribute articles to Military Modelcraft International when I can find the time though.

Cheers
Patrick