Hoffnungslos (Hopeless)

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Hoffnungslos (Hopeless)

October 22nd, 2014, 9:25 am #1

Hi guys... My last work. A small vignette named "Hoffnungslos" (It means Hopeless).

I used Dragon´s #6523, shells from RB Model.. Figurs from Stalingrad. I used J´s Work silicon mold for base..

Hope you like it..

Unpainted..

Regards

Özgür.

October 22nd, 2014, 11:25 am #2

Great piece with great atmosphere - one can really feel the "hopelessness"! Don't know if it is just me and it is not a criticism, but the deep orange brick rubble appears very bright and may stand out less if it is blended in more with the rest of the rubble?

October 22nd, 2014, 1:07 pm #3

Hi guys... My last work. A small vignette named "Hoffnungslos" (It means Hopeless).

I used Dragon´s #6523, shells from RB Model.. Figurs from Stalingrad. I used J´s Work silicon mold for base..

Hope you like it..

Unpainted..

Regards

Özgür.
To me it almost looks like the two soldiers have had an argument and aren't talking to each other. Probably because one criticized the other for wasting too many shells. Great weathering and chipping!

October 22nd, 2014, 8:30 pm #4

Hope you like it..

Unpainted..

Regards

Özgür.
It tells a story!!!

Very good idea, very well done!

Congratulations Özgür!

regards,

Aron
Last edited by IR0n on October 22nd, 2014, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 23rd, 2014, 1:19 pm #5

Hope you like it..

Unpainted..

Regards

Özgür.
I think you executed this perfectly! I can almost feel the solider's "hopelessness"

October 23rd, 2014, 3:22 pm #6

Hope you like it..

Unpainted..

Regards

Özgür.
I like the scene, very meaningful, and the excellent feature; you are a gifted modeller!

October 24th, 2014, 4:42 am #7

Hope you like it..

Unpainted..

Regards

Özgür.
An idea for dramatic effect: The two soldiers could huddle together behind the gun, or have one firing the last shell and the other hiding behind some crates, etc. The scene might benefit from some impending threat from out of the frame...

Again, nice work.

October 24th, 2014, 10:32 pm #8

Hope you like it..

Unpainted..

Regards

Özgür.
Ozgur,

It brings up questions for me. The hopelessness seems derived solely from running out of ammo? Or perhaps they are just exhausted? Judging by all the shell casings they were fighting very hard... and then... just gave up? Why don't they flee rather than be captured?

You've made a sweet gun but perhaps it is too clean and satiny to give the needed vibe---the literalness---that the Third Reich is utterly run down and decrepit.

Brilliant figures!

JG

October 25th, 2014, 7:28 am #9

Great piece with great atmosphere - one can really feel the "hopelessness"! Don't know if it is just me and it is not a criticism, but the deep orange brick rubble appears very bright and may stand out less if it is blended in more with the rest of the rubble?
Thanks for your comment. Yes, you´re right about orange brick rubbles.

Thanks again..

October 25th, 2014, 7:28 am #10

To me it almost looks like the two soldiers have had an argument and aren't talking to each other. Probably because one criticized the other for wasting too many shells. Great weathering and chipping!
)

Thanks for your comment my friend.