Hobby shops in Madrid!?

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Hobby shops in Madrid!?

June 5th, 2012, 5:13 am #1

Hi all,I'll be in Madrid in few days...do you know hobby shops(armor 1/35 scale)?!!?
I'll be in the centre along the Gran Via (Callao)can you say me if there's something around my accomodation?!

Regards

Ciro Riccio

June 5th, 2012, 1:41 pm #2

Hey Ciro,

This is the only one I know of. It's in one of the suburbs, but I got there with public transport without problems (I emailed the owner for directions). The owner speaks English, is very friendly, and has a good selection in store (I visited at the end of 2008).

http://maquetasm113.com/oscommerce/index.php

Good luck,

Olaf

June 5th, 2012, 2:29 pm #3

also another gentleman pointed this out...unfortunately it's a bit far...however I'll try to do a trip variation.
Thank you again.

Cheers

Ciro

June 5th, 2012, 6:35 pm #4

Hi all,I'll be in Madrid in few days...do you know hobby shops(armor 1/35 scale)?!!?
I'll be in the centre along the Gran Via (Callao)can you say me if there's something around my accomodation?!

Regards

Ciro Riccio
Hi there,

You MUST go to Maquetas 113 in Aluche. Pretty easy to get there by bus. Plan to spend alot of time. Email me or send a message and I can give you more detailed instructions depending on where you're coming from.

There was another shop (I think it was near Atocha) but I don't remember and my notes are at home. I will post more when I get home.

I can also recommend some other things to do in and around Madrid but I don't know too many of the other hobby shops.

Pete from Seattle

June 5th, 2012, 6:49 pm #5

also another gentleman pointed this out...unfortunately it's a bit far...however I'll try to do a trip variation.
Thank you again.

Cheers

Ciro
Hi Ciro, seems you will be at Callao, and very near you is Almena Bookshop:

http://www.libreria-almena.com/

Is located on Calle Silva (Silva Street), number 5, on a first floor (you can see the big glass windows from the street). Silva is, walking down from Plaza de Callao to Plaza de España, the first narrow street on your left.

With time, you could visit the Cuatro Vientos Air Museum (it's more or less "near" Maquetas 113), or even the El Goloso Tank Collection (here you should phone in advance the day before to arrange a visit, as the collection is inside a Leopard tank unit garrison).

Enjoy your visit, the fresh beer, the food and the wine.

Sun can be strong, so some aftersun can be useful, too!

Javier de Luelmo - Diesel

http://dieselwerk.blogspot.com/

June 5th, 2012, 6:58 pm #6

I'll have a look at Almena bookshop,it seems a nice spot!I'll try to visit M113 and the other spots.
I've heard that in Madrid there are 3 months of winter and 9 months of hell,so Javier...I get it!
It's not a big problem,here,in Naples we have 26-27°C now...
and....yeah...I'll try to save myself from the sun with beer sangria and tapas!

June 5th, 2012, 7:01 pm #7

Hi there,

You MUST go to Maquetas 113 in Aluche. Pretty easy to get there by bus. Plan to spend alot of time. Email me or send a message and I can give you more detailed instructions depending on where you're coming from.

There was another shop (I think it was near Atocha) but I don't remember and my notes are at home. I will post more when I get home.

I can also recommend some other things to do in and around Madrid but I don't know too many of the other hobby shops.

Pete from Seattle
Pete...the shop around Atocha would be a great thing!After the Prado I could go to the shop...let me know if you've more details!
Which things do you suggest?!
Nice places...restaurants?!bar?!

Cheers

Ciro

June 5th, 2012, 10:16 pm #8

I'll have a look at Almena bookshop,it seems a nice spot!I'll try to visit M113 and the other spots.
I've heard that in Madrid there are 3 months of winter and 9 months of hell,so Javier...I get it!
It's not a big problem,here,in Naples we have 26-27°C now...
and....yeah...I'll try to save myself from the sun with beer sangria and tapas!
Seems you are used to that hell of summer, so no worries! Enjoy!

Javier de Luelmo - Diesel

http://dieselwerk.blogspot.com/

June 6th, 2012, 2:04 pm #9

Pete...the shop around Atocha would be a great thing!After the Prado I could go to the shop...let me know if you've more details!
Which things do you suggest?!
Nice places...restaurants?!bar?!

Cheers

Ciro
Hobbies Sarasus
Calle de Atocha, 88
28012 Madrid, Spain
915 270 216

I bought some Tamiya paints there (very well stocked) to try out (they weren't available back here in Seattle when I bought them). They had a good selection of models and some interesting accesories. Perhaps not so unusual for the European modeller but very interesting for this American in Madrid.

Cheers,

Pete from Seattle

View Larger Map

June 6th, 2012, 2:43 pm #10

It's near the Prado,so after my visit of the museum I'll go there!Many thanks!this is a very great suggestion!!Many thanks Pete!The first thought at the first glass of sangria is for you!!

Cheers

Ciro