Hobby Boss Merkava IV

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Hobby Boss Merkava IV

August 25th, 2011, 9:22 pm #1

This is my first project posting on Constructive Comments.

Here are images of my completed Hobby Boss Merkava IV build done for the AMPS Review Crew.

As it was for the Review Crew, it is a full Out-Box-Build with no extras-- other than a lot of dust. It was a fun build despite a hiccup with the suspension alignment and too many little brass spheres and chain.

I'm open to any comments and can provide any further insight into the kit and build as well.

The link to the Full Build Review is located at:

http://www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/revi ... 74&Type=FB

August 26th, 2011, 2:39 am #2

The .50 cal should be parallel with the main barrel (a kit fault?) but looks pretty good, nice finish and weathering.

Jim

August 27th, 2011, 3:16 am #3

Here are images of my completed Hobby Boss Merkava IV build done for the AMPS Review Crew.

As it was for the Review Crew, it is a full Out-Box-Build with no extras-- other than a lot of dust. It was a fun build despite a hiccup with the suspension alignment and too many little brass spheres and chain.

I'm open to any comments and can provide any further insight into the kit and build as well.

JONATHAN,

Great Lookin Merk !! The Ball & Chain "Armor" looks Great !! Great Job all th way around !! Great Article too !! Keep it somewhere safe & out of harms way this Week-end ... Don't let Irene get it !!

ERIK

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???

August 27th, 2011, 10:22 am #4

Excellent build up ! The build log is very detailed - a lot of people will appreciate that. Really shows how the hobbyboss / trumpeter models are moving the bar higher ! Finished result is superb - you should be proud. Do you have any more articles?

cheers
Mark

August 27th, 2011, 9:41 pm #5

Thanks for the compliments. I really wanted to give a quality article and an attempt to well document one approach for building the ball-and-chain rear turret skirt armor (this was my first attempt). As of now, I don't have any other build articles, at least not yet. I do have a few other review articles on AMPS, but not builds. If the AMPS Review Crew Overlord will keep me around, I hope to eventually have a few more Full Build reviews.

Please add the AMPS page to your favorite list, and keep checking the review section maintained by the AMPS Review Crew. These guys are all volunteers working hard to get reviews out for the community.

August 27th, 2011, 9:47 pm #6

JONATHAN,

Great Lookin Merk !! The Ball & Chain "Armor" looks Great !! Great Job all th way around !! Great Article too !! Keep it somewhere safe & out of harms way this Week-end ... Don't let Irene get it !!

ERIK

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???
I can think of a few Chef from South Park references, I could make right now....
The beast just begs for a good Freudian comment-- "IDF troopers fightin' like they have brass for...."

Thanks for the feedback, and keep yourself and your man-cave stash safe as Irene hammers you too. The rain and winds just started dramatically picking up in N-VA; probably what you've already been experiencing.