Help with cosntruction on my "Honey"

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

Help with cosntruction on my "Honey"

June 17th, 2010, 3:57 pm #1

Hi people from this great forum i'm from Veracruz Mexcio and i'm building a "Honey" from the 7° div at "EL Alamein"....like this one...

[/IMG]

This imagen (and others) dont support my work because i want to known if the frontal plate from the turret was welded or riveted, in fact i placed a welding.....

[/IMG]

Those ones in the sides are mentioned on my references...but is not clear that one refered to the frontal plate....

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Therefore this is why i'm recurring to ask help at this forum...

As a matter of fact here is a link to my "workbench"...in spanish...

http://www.hobbymex.com/foro/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Saludos desde Veracruz México

Atte.

Jesús H Quiroz

Pd. sorry for my english

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 26th, 2010, 3:37 am #2

I think it is riveted.

Jesus H Q
Jesus H Q

July 1st, 2010, 10:09 pm #3

Thanks for answering, ok these photos confirm what i've been thinking...riveted on the glacis...

Best regards, from veracruz Mexico

Atte.

Jesus H Q

August 16th, 2010, 8:16 pm #4

Hi people from this great forum i'm from Veracruz Mexcio and i'm building a "Honey" from the 7° div at "EL Alamein"....like this one...

[/IMG]

This imagen (and others) dont support my work because i want to known if the frontal plate from the turret was welded or riveted, in fact i placed a welding.....

[/IMG]

Those ones in the sides are mentioned on my references...but is not clear that one refered to the frontal plate....

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Therefore this is why i'm recurring to ask help at this forum...

As a matter of fact here is a link to my "workbench"...in spanish...

http://www.hobbymex.com/foro/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Saludos desde Veracruz México

Atte.

Jesús H Quiroz

Pd. sorry for my english
Hi Jesus;

I think you should understand that the front plated was SCREWED on rather than riveted on.
These are slightly rounded head slotted bolts rather than true rivets.

GB

Tom Ossola
Tom Ossola

September 27th, 2010, 11:04 pm #5

I think it is riveted.

Here is what George means when he says the front plate is screwed on.
The Glacia plate has screws holding it instead if rivets. This is a different model Stuart but the front plate is the same.

Photo for discussion purposes only and I believe this is not an infringement on the author.