Help! I need info on Italian WW1 artillery camo.

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Help! I need info on Italian WW1 artillery camo.

August 8th, 2012, 11:59 pm #1

Working on the HaT 75mm Deport gun and there is absolutely nothing provided for camouflage colours. The box top painting gives a clue as do the pictures found at the landships site, but any additional information on WW1 Italian artillery colours would be great.

al magnus
Last edited by Al Magnus (one72guy) on August 9th, 2012, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
al magnus
On the Way contributor, editor & one who has no lack of success (see definition of success below).

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

August 9th, 2012, 9:56 am #2

Browse Landships site.
http://www.landships.freeservers.com/ne ... illery.htm
Guess you can find something there.

Milan
<a href="http://www.tracks-n-troops.eu/shop/" rel="nofollow">
</a>
<a href="http://www.smallscaleafv.com" rel="nofollow">
</a>

August 9th, 2012, 9:58 am #3

Working on the HaT 75mm Deport gun and there is absolutely nothing provided for camouflage colours. The box top painting gives a clue as do the pictures found at the landships site, but any additional information on WW1 Italian artillery colours would be great.

al magnus
Hi Al I asked the same question and it was recommended that Pea Green was a very close match. I mixed 3 Parts Model Master Sand to 1 part Model Master Medium Green for an article I did on the Landships site. I hope this will help

August 9th, 2012, 2:46 pm #4

My hope is to use them for spare parts. The wheels especially may come in handy for scratch building things like wagons etc., or as replacements for other models should the need arise.

al
al magnus
On the Way contributor, editor & one who has no lack of success (see definition of success below).

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

August 9th, 2012, 7:33 pm #5

One I built as the review model for www.landships.info and the other I added some Hat figures and made a small diorama that was posted on the Hat website in the Everything Toy Soldiers group. I still have two more left and I might do them as post war guns.

August 9th, 2012, 10:10 pm #6

I still need to lightly sand some of the glue stains. The barrel and wheels are just temporarily attached. I left these separate to ease painting.

al

al magnus

August 10th, 2012, 1:19 am #7

Hi Al, you did a much better job on the detailing then I did. It looks really good.

August 11th, 2012, 10:28 pm #8

al magnus
Hi Al, I just finished a ww2 version of this gun to be towed by ACES TL 37 and I found that Panzer field grey captures Italian grey-green camouflage pretty well. with washes, filters and shading you can adjust the colour to your particular taste.......Will

August 12th, 2012, 9:18 pm #9

Thanks Will. What paint do you use for the Panzer field grey? n/t
al magnus