HanoMania Round #2--> SdKfz 251 Ausf D painted!

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

HanoMania Round #2--> SdKfz 251 Ausf D painted!

October 21st, 2009, 11:31 am #1

Gents,

After a few days K.O. in bed due to a strong flu, here you have some images of how the Hanomag was going past week. As you can see main paintwrok is already done and to say true this is one of my fastest builds in many years. In fact I believe this is the easiest going Tamiya kit I have faced recently thanks to its very simplificated assembly and those large and plain body plates that really makes a very easy painting too. The Hanomag is being a very enjoyable kit in my opinion and I hope you guys are having same happy experiences with this kit.

Thanks for looking
Lu

October 21st, 2009, 12:54 pm #2

the side vision port slots in the body. Don't know why Tamiya left them off. The new Hauler PE set really picks up the detail level for those interested in that. It certainly is a very pretty vehicle, and Tamiya seems to have gotten the shapes bang-on. No doubt Olivier is feverishly working on various conversions as we speak..... The Hauler Wurfgeraet rocket launcher frames should fit this kit as well as they do the AFV Club '251 ausf C.

October 21st, 2009, 1:03 pm #3

Gents,

After a few days K.O. in bed due to a strong flu, here you have some images of how the Hanomag was going past week. As you can see main paintwrok is already done and to say true this is one of my fastest builds in many years. In fact I believe this is the easiest going Tamiya kit I have faced recently thanks to its very simplificated assembly and those large and plain body plates that really makes a very easy painting too. The Hanomag is being a very enjoyable kit in my opinion and I hope you guys are having same happy experiences with this kit.

Thanks for looking
Lu

That is some brilliant paintwork, Lu !!! The colours look just like the part. One of your most beautifull finishes. Congrats amigo !
Sven

October 21st, 2009, 4:26 pm #4

Gents,

Thanks for looking
Lu

This is very impressive! I am curious about how you do the rain marks, if you don't mind explaining...

Thanks,
Fernando

xPLAN303Ex: The portrait of the artist I am not.
http://xplan303ex.wordpress.com

October 21st, 2009, 5:33 pm #5

Gents,

Thanks for looking
Lu

lu, you know my opinion about this model,
but i want to say again: STUNNING and full source of INSPRITION...

very very good work amigo!

murat

October 21st, 2009, 8:56 pm #6

Gents,

Thanks for looking
Lu

that this model is one of the ones I liked lately. Very fin work, on interior and outside,very nice effects and now go for the groundwork or figure?.

Congratulations my friend.

See you.

October 21st, 2009, 9:09 pm #7

Gents,

Thanks for looking
Lu

Ahhh, so that's how its done!

October 21st, 2009, 10:14 pm #8

Gents,

Thanks for looking
Lu

very fine model, I love the colors and the weathering

greetings Xavier

Pd. fans club for catalonia
Last edited by xavi_ruiz on October 21st, 2009, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 21st, 2009, 11:18 pm #9

Gents,

Thanks for looking
Lu

Lu I hope your feeling better. The front wheels look much better than the Tamyia item and the camo is first class....well done

Luke Pitt
Last edited by LukePitt on October 21st, 2009, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 22nd, 2009, 12:57 am #10

Gents,

Thanks for looking
Lu

The camo is really cool. Maybe I'll have to try that chocolate road wheel and that streaking style this time. Congrats Amigo