Hanomania GB - next generation: Sd.Kfz.253 / Part 2.0

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Hanomania GB - next generation: Sd.Kfz.253 / Part 2.0

October 19th, 2009, 3:15 pm #1

Hi Folks,

I painted this small thing at the meantime in a grey tone. I used as usal Tamiya acrylics - german tank grey mixed with some drops of field blue. For more highlights I added some drops of light blue.

In general I like this paint - but somehow I am not conviced, can´t explain why and if I see the headlights I am alo not happy. Have sombody some constructive suggestions for me???? (But please: don´t say make a complete new paintjob! )

Ok, here the pics:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Cheers
Lars

October 19th, 2009, 8:04 pm #2

Lars, I don't know what is the best - same as you. But I think there is a low contrast for this time ?? Perhaps, the side could have more lighter colour to the upper side to give more contrast and contour to the roof-plate ?
But it isn't easy to say in this stage, Lars. There are so many steps which follows....??? I'm sure you'll get it !

Otherwise, you can do a complete new paintjob !?

cheers my friend and hope you do not bored to much this week (without plastic) ! And if get a drink in the evening give some thoughts to us.

Erik

October 19th, 2009, 9:41 pm #3

For me, your paint work is perfect to start the weathering process. In my opinion, maybe some contrast with the flat panels.

Keep posting

October 19th, 2009, 9:47 pm #4

Hi Folks,

I painted this small thing at the meantime in a grey tone. I used as usal Tamiya acrylics - german tank grey mixed with some drops of field blue. For more highlights I added some drops of light blue.

In general I like this paint - but somehow I am not conviced, can´t explain why and if I see the headlights I am alo not happy. Have sombody some constructive suggestions for me???? (But please: don´t say make a complete new paintjob! )

Ok, here the pics:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Cheers
Lars
... all good to me. I think after maybe a filter and spot washing/detail painting and markings added it will all come together.

What I wonder about are the yellow bulbs in the headlights. I know this feature from french post war cars but haven't noticed this feature yet on german ww2 vehicles. But this might be my lack of knowledge.

October 20th, 2009, 5:36 am #5

Hi Folks,

Ok, here the pics:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Cheers
Lars
...thanks to you for your comments and your own thoughts. I thought also once more about the paintjob and made some improvements last night, especially I gave the model more contrast and I emphasized some details similar the modulation style ¡V for me I am now pleased with the result. I go today to an course of instruction and that¡¦s why I can show you new pics not before the weekend.

@ Erik: I will drink some beers for you º guckst Du hier: ³http://www.irsee.com/cms2/klosterbrauer ... =19&cat=1=

@ Domingo: thanks for your suggestion - that was a good idea!

@Manfred: Thanks to you also. The yellow bulbs were only an attempt. German vehicles did not have such bulbs. In the meantime I worked over the headlights (I removed one, the other received an dustcover.

All the best!

Cheers
Lars

October 21st, 2009, 12:32 pm #6

Hi Folks,

Ok, here the pics:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Cheers
Lars
Lars,

I envy you for this little beauty you have there. As for the base coat I think it is early to be much concerned and I am happy to hear you retouched it to you taste. Now I cannot wait to see the changes. Have a confidence this one will become one winner because I have, amigo.

Keeps us posted and do not drink so much...

Lu