Guadalcanal USMC M2A4 complete

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Guadalcanal USMC M2A4 complete

May 7th, 2012, 12:01 am #1

Well this one has been done for a while...I finished it at the end of March 2011 for the AMPS 2011 Show and received a Silver in Advanced for my work. I was commuting to Maryland for the work week and only home on the weekends, then moved to Maryland of September of last year, so I'm just now getting around taking photos of it completed. I noticed that the rear engine deck screen has popped loose, so I need to fix that. The markings are custom made dry transfers that cost a pretty penny....

In-progress shots can be found here:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/t ... n-progress

Equipment used: Nikon D3000, Nikon 40mm Macro, and Cowboy Studio 3 light set from Amazon.com. Pretty happy with the photos, though I think I need to adjust the white balance to get the colors to show up a bit better...they where taken under 5500K lighting from the light set and 6500 Florescent bulbs in my work area.

Not sure why the dry transfer "silvered" there

Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

May 7th, 2012, 12:46 am #2

rusting to death at the back of Hell's Point, Guadalcanal.

Nicely finished kit there, well done.

Kylie

May 7th, 2012, 11:33 am #3

Well this one has been done for a while...I finished it at the end of March 2011 for the AMPS 2011 Show and received a Silver in Advanced for my work. I was commuting to Maryland for the work week and only home on the weekends, then moved to Maryland of September of last year, so I'm just now getting around taking photos of it completed. I noticed that the rear engine deck screen has popped loose, so I need to fix that. The markings are custom made dry transfers that cost a pretty penny....

Equipment used: Nikon D3000, Nikon 40mm Macro, and Cowboy Studio 3 light set from Amazon.com. Pretty happy with the photos, though I think I need to adjust the white balance to get the colors to show up a bit better...they where taken under 5500K lighting from the light set and 6500 Florescent bulbs in my work area.

and a nice build. Any model that can stand up with that kind of camera scrutiny is well finished. I particualrly liek the yellow band around the turret.
Hope all is well.
Jim

May 7th, 2012, 1:55 pm #4

Scott,

Awesome work! This vehicle is on my (LOOOOONG) list of tanks that I'd love to build someday and yours looks amazing. Oh and a belated welcome to MD!

Mario

May 7th, 2012, 4:16 pm #5

is the trooper with the Tommy Gun standing in front! Looks great!