Group Build - in conjunction with Braillescalecomp.com

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Group Build - in conjunction with Braillescalecomp.com

February 18th, 2009, 7:33 pm #1

The guys on the Braille scale competition site have been working hard and I'm pleased to announce the following:

----------------------------------------

The first Braille Scale Group build!

The 'Theme' for the group build will be Panzer IV, including all vehicles built on the PzIV chasis.

How it works: The group build is open to everyone, it starts now and finishes on the 15th of May to coincide with the closing date for the BSMC competition. We encourage everyone to enter their completed models in Mays competition which will then be decided by public vote.
Once a week there will be a 'weekly update' thread here (at ML) for everyone to post their WIP shots. The first thread, which I'll start soon, will be to find out who is going to participate and which model(s), manufacturer & scheme you intend on building etc..

You can join in at anytime and build as many kits as you think you can finish. You don't need to be a member of the BSMC website to join the build but you do if you want to enter or vote in the competition.

Cheers
BSMC team

http://www.braillescalecomp.com

February 18th, 2009, 7:59 pm #2

I am looking forward to participating in this one and it just so happens that I have a few "Panzer IVs" to do..... well, they will have the running gear of a panzer IV...
Tony Ivey

February 18th, 2009, 8:07 pm #3

The guys on the Braille scale competition site have been working hard and I'm pleased to announce the following:

The 'Theme' for the group build will be Panzer IV, including all vehicles built on the PzIV chasis.

How it works: The group build is open to everyone, it starts now and finishes on the 15th of May to coincide with the closing date for the BSMC competition. We encourage everyone to enter their completed models in Mays competition which will then be decided by public vote.
Once a week there will be a 'weekly update' thread here (at ML) for everyone to post their WIP shots. The first thread, which I'll start soon, will be to find out who is going to participate and which model(s), manufacturer & scheme you intend on building etc..

You can join in at anytime and build as many kits as you think you can finish. You don't need to be a member of the BSMC website to join the build but you do if you want to enter or vote in the competition.

Cheers
BSMC team

I have to start building the ESCI model. Great idea. Let see if I can get a model finished by May.

February 18th, 2009, 9:43 pm #4

I found it where some re-enactors were playing.

How's that for a brumbar?

Ha Ha Ha

Ken
Last edited by Ken-Overby on February 18th, 2009, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 18th, 2009, 9:59 pm #5

Cheers
BSMC team

I've been very jealous of the Mardermaniacs on the quarter scale forum

February 18th, 2009, 9:59 pm #6

Cheers
BSMC team

I think this is going to be really fun.
Especially if everyone adds their build tips as we go along.
I'll give everyone 24 hours to think about what kit they want to join in with
& post the first 'WIP' thread tomorrow with what model kit & scheme you have chosen!

Cheers Elliott

February 18th, 2009, 10:05 pm #7

I've been very jealous of the Mardermaniacs on the quarter scale forum
That was the main inspiration for our version!
Cheers Elliott

February 18th, 2009, 10:20 pm #8

Cheers
BSMC team

Working on Mirage Panzer IV D. Going to build the Trumpy Brummbar Late, just picked up the Dragon Panzer IV F1. I may go into Panzer IV overload!

February 18th, 2009, 10:27 pm #9

I found it where some re-enactors were playing.

How's that for a brumbar?

Ha Ha Ha

Ken
Will this count? All I need is a kubelwagen! :-D

February 18th, 2009, 10:29 pm #10

Cheers
BSMC team

There are so many possibilities too.