Group Build giveaway Prizes!...

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

Group Build giveaway Prizes!...

Nick Cortese
Nick Cortese

October 24th, 2009, 3:45 pm #1

Yep, You heard right!

Dennis Oliver has graciously offer to give away signed copies of his excellent "The New Breed" and "Jungle Armour" books to participants of this group build!
we will have to choose the winner based on a certain criteria ... and what that criteria will be needs to be decided..

..any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nick

11a

October 24th, 2009, 4:24 pm #2

Hi Nick,

That's a good and kind offer from Dennis. I wouldn't expect to win anything with my builds, also I have both books already so my suggestion would be for people to put their models forward if they want to be considered for the prize.

Nice one Dennis.

Al

October 24th, 2009, 8:15 pm #3

It was your 1/35th conversion on Track-Link and Armourama that inspired my efforts in 1/48th in the thread above, in my book you should get a prize for that!

Regards.

Les/J99 ex-Jackal Squadron Webmaster

calvin ng
calvin ng

October 24th, 2009, 10:06 pm #4

Alan really, your work has really inspired me as les said above,is it okay if i join this group build now? and when does it end?

11a

October 25th, 2009, 12:35 pm #5

Hi Les and Calvin,

Thanks for your kind words guys, that's reward indeed, glad you enjoyed the builds.

Cheers

Al

PS: Sorry - off topic

October 25th, 2009, 3:28 pm #6

Yep, You heard right!

Dennis Oliver has graciously offer to give away signed copies of his excellent "The New Breed" and "Jungle Armour" books to participants of this group build!
we will have to choose the winner based on a certain criteria ... and what that criteria will be needs to be decided..

..any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick, That's going to be tough to decide! I do think everyone should be considered. Randy

October 25th, 2009, 9:47 pm #7

Most likely execution of paintwork and photography: those are the most universal things we can do, without obliging everyone to make a dio or photoreport.

Cheers

Benjamin de Groot

History is Cynical

October 26th, 2009, 10:20 pm #8

Yep, You heard right!

..any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nick
I'd favour either on of two options:

Either: You decide as host of the group build Nick, host's decision is final etc

or: You could post a list of the builds eligible (i.e. completed within the timescal of the group build) and we just have a straight vote for which one we each like best

Chris

October 27th, 2009, 9:00 pm #9

Yep, You heard right!

..any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nick
Bonjour Nick,

May I suggest that the winner should be drawn among all participants, with one chance for each completed model by the end date?

To me, a group build is there to encourage people's participation, no matter how good they are. I think maybe we would have more participants if anybody had a chance at winning a prize.

Just my 2 Canadian cents.

Regards from Canada.
Francois Gousse
WWI Forum moderator