Grant interior questions

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Grant interior questions

July 29th, 2012, 5:05 pm #1

The plan is to correct the interior of Academy's M3 Grant.

Searching Google for images of Grant interior photos, I've stumbled across a couple of illustrations of stowage diagrams with labels for the lower hull. Does anyone know where these photos were first published? Were these 'official' diagrams, and does anyone know how accurate they might be? I've only found 2 of the lower hull, and I'd like to see if there's more, such as the rear of the lower hull, and some for the turret.

For what it's worth, I already have the Doyle Walk-around, AFVisual, Osprey book.

July 29th, 2012, 10:10 pm #2

The official interior stowage diagrams are pretty accurate although not every vehicle was officially stowed as such in action although they tended to follow it pretty closely.
Al

July 29th, 2012, 10:35 pm #3

Those were the photos I already had, but it put them in context, which helped quite a bit. There seems to be a number of variations even between Grants, so it's interesting to see. Guess I have a little freedom in how I setup the interior.