German Tank Turret Bunker with R35 turret, where?

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

German Tank Turret Bunker with R35 turret, where?

Jason Burch
Jason Burch

August 1st, 2003, 6:58 pm #1

I am thinking of converting my Kirin 1/16 R35 Renault Stelung turret into a full german bunker, but just wondered what setting would be most appropriate? Atlantic Wall, Seigfried line, both, neither? I know Verlinden makes one of these in 1/35 and its usually displayed with GI's that appear to be part of the Normandy campaign, but Verlinden would throw anything together regardless of accuracy! Any help is appreciated.
TIA
Jason

Steve Youschak
Steve Youschak

August 2nd, 2003, 5:18 am #2

Hmmm. Wonder if they'd consider doing the rest of the vehicle... sorry, wishful thinking!

Stefano Germani
Stefano Germani

August 2nd, 2003, 10:44 am #3

I am thinking of converting my Kirin 1/16 R35 Renault Stelung turret into a full german bunker, but just wondered what setting would be most appropriate? Atlantic Wall, Seigfried line, both, neither? I know Verlinden makes one of these in 1/35 and its usually displayed with GI's that appear to be part of the Normandy campaign, but Verlinden would throw anything together regardless of accuracy! Any help is appreciated.
TIA
Jason
Dear Jason,
it is perfectly appropriate to set your R35 stellung in the atlantic wall. R35 stellungs could be find at Omaha (Widerstandneste 61, 68, 72) and Utah beaches (..so Verlinden is not so wrong in displaying them on the normandy campaign )and in many other static defenses of the AW.
Anyway, in case you'll decide to set your diorama at Omaha, I suggest you to get the amazing book Omaha Beach by G Bernage, edited by Heimdal (Editions.Heimdal@wanadoo.fr), there you'll find drawings, plan views and pics.
http://www.combatbooks.com/cgi-bin/stor ... oductid=59
cheers
Stefano

Jason Burch
Jason Burch

August 2nd, 2003, 12:15 pm #4

Hmmm. Wonder if they'd consider doing the rest of the vehicle... sorry, wishful thinking!
... actuall a "Renault Stellung" with a base to put it on. But Kirin is long dead,so no hope of a complete kit thats for sure. I considered at one point acratching the rest, but that was more of a pipe dream than anything.
Cheers!
Jason

Jason Burch
Jason Burch

August 2nd, 2003, 12:16 pm #5

Dear Jason,
it is perfectly appropriate to set your R35 stellung in the atlantic wall. R35 stellungs could be find at Omaha (Widerstandneste 61, 68, 72) and Utah beaches (..so Verlinden is not so wrong in displaying them on the normandy campaign )and in many other static defenses of the AW.
Anyway, in case you'll decide to set your diorama at Omaha, I suggest you to get the amazing book Omaha Beach by G Bernage, edited by Heimdal (Editions.Heimdal@wanadoo.fr), there you'll find drawings, plan views and pics.
http://www.combatbooks.com/cgi-bin/stor ... oductid=59
cheers
Stefano
Exactly what I needed.
Cheers
Jason

Patrick van Veenendaal
Patrick van Veenendaal

August 4th, 2003, 7:19 am #6

... actuall a "Renault Stellung" with a base to put it on. But Kirin is long dead,so no hope of a complete kit thats for sure. I considered at one point acratching the rest, but that was more of a pipe dream than anything.
Cheers!
Jason
Hi,

Actually, GreatModelsWebstore (www.greatmodels.com) has Kirins Renault Stellung for sale at $17.55.

Kind regards,
Patrick