GB Tiger I. Part 1. The (poor) assembly

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

GB Tiger I. Part 1. The (poor) assembly

June 18th, 2012, 9:58 pm #1

Hello everyone!

Pleased to post here again one of my works. Thanks to Luciano for the great idea of this GB. I feel really excited with it as I see really great models and modelers here.

My contribution to this GB is the first tank released by Tamiya, the first of a successful serie. And this is my personal tribute to this kit. And ... a GB without a Tiger is not a GB! Excepting the rear PE parts (grills), the tracks, the gun, and pair of metal handles, completely OOTB, No extra detailig, no wires for the bosch lignts, the awful tools, so on ....

With this one, my main objetive is to make a complete step by step of a new painting technique, using a B&W base as I´ve recently employed on a 1/35 tank (see the link below)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/m ... at+last%21

This time, I´ll make it with a bluish panzergrey color... and with other surprises!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking!

June 19th, 2012, 12:19 am #2

Jose;

I think your Enigma is one of the finest models I've ever seen, my friend. And it's rare to see a whole new technique, but your "black & white" method is going to take off I suspect.
I will be watching this thread closely, Jose, because I want to learn what you are doing here. This method has real potential.

Cheers, from your #1 fan in Canada, Pat

June 19th, 2012, 5:59 am #3

Hello everyone!

Pleased to post here again one of my works. Thanks to Luciano for the great idea of this GB. I feel really excited with it as I see really great models and modelers here.

My contribution to this GB is the first tank released by Tamiya, the first of a successful serie. And this is my personal tribute to this kit. And ... a GB without a Tiger is not a GB! Excepting the rear PE parts (grills), the tracks, the gun, and pair of metal handles, completely OOTB, No extra detailig, no wires for the bosch lignts, the awful tools, so on ....

With this one, my main objetive is to make a complete step by step of a new painting technique, using a B&W base as I´ve recently employed on a 1/35 tank (see the link below)

This time, I´ll make it with a bluish panzergrey color... and with other surprises!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Always interested in new painting ideas! Cheers, Ralph (n/t).

June 19th, 2012, 4:43 pm #4

Hello everyone!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Your painting style has my attention, for sure. I jnow this is a painting project, but as an aside, do you still have time to add the firing wires to the smoke grenade launchers? That would look cool.

Konrad

June 19th, 2012, 7:57 pm #5

Hello everyone!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Regards
Archy

June 19th, 2012, 10:28 pm #6

Hello everyone!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Hi Jose:

I also look forward your painting progress with this one. The b/w technique is quite interesting but with an above the average degree of difficulty due the high airbrushing skills required, IMHO! You are truly gifted

BTW, I´m with Konrad! The Bosch ligths and grenade launchers wiring is a quite simple add on to enhance the kit advantages.

Regards!
Alvaro

June 22nd, 2012, 10:50 pm #7

Hello everyone!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Thanks lads!! Cable wiring! Too complicated for my hands!!! .... jokes apart, I´ll try to do it once finished. Thanks for the comment!