Thank you Sin How..

May 17th, 2017, 9:32 am #11

Crazy works, superb skills!
That is very generous feedback and very much appreciated.

Awesome detailing work!!!!

May 17th, 2017, 9:38 am #12

Hello all,

This is a project I have been working on for a while, it is Tamiya's Gama Goat in 1/35 scale with a lot of detail added (both scratchbuilt and using Voyagers extensive update set).

As you can see, a lot of the effort has been on the engine bay.

The engine is about 95% done, some minor details remain. The basic engine block was "stolen" from a Tristar Panzer 38(t) and then the other details added with plastic sheet and various profiles.

Some work has also been started on the engine bay, a fair bit of work remains in that area.

I am not claiming 100% accuracy on the engine, but as accurate as I can achieve in the visible areas and good enough to fill out the empty space in the rear.

The actual vehicle has also received a lot of extra detail. I plan to leave the tilt as it is (just the frame), I have seen this on pictures and rather like being able to leave the tarp off so the drivers compartment will be more visible.

The "strap" between the two rear tilt bars will be shortened eventually, it is not glued in place (also visible in the reference pics I have seen).

Anyway, enough with the text, here are some pics of the progress so far.

Thanks for looking.

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/IMG][/URL]

[/IMG][/URL]
Awesome detailing work!!!!

Thank you Luigi!

May 17th, 2017, 9:40 am #13

I am very glad you like it..

May 17th, 2017, 10:00 am #14

Hello all,

This is a project I have been working on for a while, it is Tamiya's Gama Goat in 1/35 scale with a lot of detail added (both scratchbuilt and using Voyagers extensive update set).

The engine is about 95% done, some minor details remain. The basic engine block was "stolen" from a Tristar Panzer 38(t) and then the other details added with plastic sheet and various profiles.

Some work has also been started on the engine bay, a fair bit of work remains in that area.

I am not claiming 100% accuracy on the engine, but as accurate as I can achieve in the visible areas and good enough to fill out the empty space in the rear.

The actual vehicle has also received a lot of extra detail. I plan to leave the tilt as it is (just the frame), I have seen this on pictures and rather like being able to leave the tarp off so the drivers compartment will be more visible.

The "strap" between the two rear tilt bars will be shortened eventually, it is not glued in place (also visible in the reference pics I have seen).

Thanks for looking.

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/IMG][/URL]

[/IMG][/URL]
Even if the engine is not 100% accurate, it's eye catching and a great reward for the time you've certainly put into it.
I love how you master the bends with styrene rods!
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/gb_version/index.htm

Thanks Olivier..

May 17th, 2017, 10:42 am #15

I have spent a lot of time studying images of the engine (both of complete engines and 1:1 renovations), so I think (hope) I have captured the important and visible areas of the real machine, and achieved the correct positioning of all of the visible components at least. I think's its about 90% right anyway

Harder to judge is the exact size of everything just by eyeballing photos, plus having to make some concessions for the overly thick Tamiya engine bay walls.

Last edited by young_sven on May 17th, 2017, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Very precise and incredible attention to

May 17th, 2017, 1:30 pm #16

Hello all,

Thanks for looking.

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/img][/url]

[/IMG][/URL]

[/IMG][/URL]
detail and a tour d force of scratchbuilding/detailing! This almost makes me forget how much I hate the Gamma Goat.
J

Thank you Jerry..

May 17th, 2017, 1:49 pm #17

If I can make you (almost) forget that you hate this vehicle so much, that is truly a great compliment
Last edited by young_sven on May 17th, 2017, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some members of my company in Germany were

May 17th, 2017, 2:31 pm #18

killed and/or badly burned in one of these,plus,the freekin things never worked and were always sitting in the motor pool waiting for parts.
J

Gosh, that's terrible..

May 17th, 2017, 3:57 pm #19

..very sorry to hear about that, Jerry, how tragic.

Then I can truly understand why you hate this vehicle.

Long time ago. It marches on.

May 17th, 2017, 6:08 pm #20

Long time ago. It marches on.