FYI This stuff is great! Excellent for making welds.

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

FYI This stuff is great! Excellent for making welds.

July 27th, 2012, 11:44 am #1

Liquid Green Stuff is a Citadel Technical

Liquid Green Stuff is the ideal tool for filling in small gaps on a miniature. Because it is water soluble you can use a normal Citadel Paint Brush to apply it (just make sure you wash the brush afterwards). The Liquid Green Stuff will then set in place, filling the gap neatly and efficiently. It can also be filed using the Citadel Emery Boards for an even smoother finish.

This pot contains 12ml of Liquid Green Stuff, one of 4 Technical paints in the Citadel Paint range. This non-toxic liquid modelling filler is designed for use on plastic, metal, and resin Citadel miniatures.

Available thru Games Workshop or other gaming and fine model stores.

I'm no way connected to the seller.

HTH

Kevin

FS1

July 27th, 2012, 12:06 pm #2

its application for making welds is...?? I ask because we all have our favorite products/techniques for filling seams and such, but weld beads are a different animal...

July 27th, 2012, 1:28 pm #3

Your going to have to play with it, like anything else its another tool in are arsenal of model building!

July 27th, 2012, 1:39 pm #4

its application for making welds is...?? I ask because we all have our favorite products/techniques for filling seams and such, but weld beads are a different animal...
That you would use thinned Squadron Green Stuff (or other polyester putty) to make weld beads.

What I do is lay down two parellel narrow strips of tape, use the brush to put a line of thinned putty between them, texture the putty (I use a chisle-shaped toothpick), then remove the tape.

This product appears like it would work more or less the same way. The potential application seemed immediately obvious when I read the description.

Most of these welds were made using this technique with thinned Squadron Green Stuff:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The very small or short welds, for example around the tool clamps and brackets, were made with two-part epoxy putty (here Miliput gray), but all of the the longer green welds are Green Stuff putty.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Roof on July 27th, 2012, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 27th, 2012, 4:08 pm #5

Kevin

July 28th, 2012, 6:53 am #6

Kevin

Thanks for for the heads up. I use that method for weld beads. so will check it out.

andrew