French Bakery from Dioramas Plus.

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

French Bakery from Dioramas Plus.

July 10th, 2009, 8:29 pm #1

People have been asking for undamaged buildings so here is the first in a new series. Eventually there will be a whole block of stores/apartments than can be connected together to create a large diorama.

This 1/35 Scale kit features finely detailed cast hydrocal plaster walls, laser cut wood windows, door & shutters, laser cut glass and roof shingles, cast brick sidewalks, full color signs and awning and full color, easy to understand assembly, painting and aging instructions.

The footprint including the sidewalks is 8" x 9" x 11" tall. Basic assembly is snap, as you should be able to have the castings glued together & ready to paint in about 15 minutes.

DP15 retails for $49.95. Figures & base not included. Dealer/distributor inquiries invited.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

As always, I welcome questions or comments.

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
www.dioramasplus.com
downtowndeco@montana.com (email)

July 10th, 2009, 9:30 pm #2

RANDY,

This looks Fantastic !!! when will it be released ??? I love th Signage !!! and th Roof !!!

ERIK

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???

July 11th, 2009, 7:52 am #3

People have been asking for undamaged buildings so here is the first in a new series. Eventually there will be a whole block of stores/apartments than can be connected together to create a large diorama.

This 1/35 Scale kit features finely detailed cast hydrocal plaster walls, laser cut wood windows, door & shutters, laser cut glass and roof shingles, cast brick sidewalks, full color signs and awning and full color, easy to understand assembly, painting and aging instructions.

The footprint including the sidewalks is 8" x 9" x 11" tall. Basic assembly is snap, as you should be able to have the castings glued together & ready to paint in about 15 minutes.

DP15 retails for $49.95. Figures & base not included. Dealer/distributor inquiries invited.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
www.dioramasplus.com
I've been waiting for this one since you mentioned it a few months back. When will it be available?

Steve

"...any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy." John F. Kennedy, 1963

July 12th, 2009, 3:10 pm #4

Thanks guys. The box labels are not quite done but the basic kit is available now. Glad you like it!

Randy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0061025597

July 12th, 2009, 3:46 pm #5

Randy,

Any future plans for doing intact row houses? By the way, I love the building and I'm gonna have to try and plan a diorama around it now!

TIA,

Mario

July 12th, 2009, 7:40 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
www.dioramasplus.com
Hello there,

The signs should read:

"Croissant" and "Pâtisserie".

I don't know, however, if the "croissant" sign would be appropriate.

Also the shutters, are they based on a photograph?

Above is meant to be constructive, of course.

Regards,

Sean
Last edited by SeanDClaxton on July 12th, 2009, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 12th, 2009, 8:19 pm #7

I don't speak or read French so I used a translator. Your's is the second or third interpretaion of what the spelling should have been. I don't know. Like I said, I don't speak French. I'll do a bit more research & perhaps make adjustments. The signs, of course, are optional. I suspect many people would create new ones anyway so thier model does not look the same as everyone elses.

Thanks for your input, cheers!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
Last edited by downtowndeco on July 12th, 2009, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 13th, 2009, 4:42 am #8

RANDY,

i think you've Struck GOLD with th Idea of Interlocking Buildings.... It blows th Doors off Now !!! actually being able to create a City Block !!!!! hmmmm... 1/35th Scale Block of St. Lo !!!

Hmmmm Karkov !!!! Stalingrad !!! Yeah Baby !!.... th list goes on !!!

ERIK

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???

July 13th, 2009, 9:38 am #9

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
www.dioramasplus.com
Hi Randy,

I'd be interested in hearing about what you used for reference material on this one - The building doesn't seem to represent any particular French region that I can remember seeing in my trips to France?

The roof in particular doesn't look very French to me - And is there a chimney on the building somewhere?(a must for a Bakery). And the brick pavement in a running bond pattern - Seems out of place to me.

I don't mean to be overly critical, but I just think that it's odd that us AFV modellers will devote so much time and effort into our vehicles but don't seem to be willing to spend equal measures on our diorama buildings.

Don't get me wrong, you should be commended for your desire to produce diorama products for us modellers - But before I part with my 'hard earned' I'd like to see a bit more research put into the product.

I've seen your many posts advertising your new products on this forum, so I figure that you're looking for feedback - I hope that you can take mine in the constructive nature that it's intended to be.

Cheers,

Alex.

July 13th, 2009, 1:36 pm #10

Alex,

If you're looking for a photo of this exact building, no it doesn't exist. It is based on a collection of many photos from that area & era in Europe. The steep, shingled roof, the stucco & style of architecture, the type of windows etc. I think perhaps I should remarket this simply as "Building" and then there could be no question to whether it is exactly accurate or not. : )

With buildings there are literally tens of thousands of slight variations even within certain specific eras and locations. For the most part all a manufacturer can do is to try & create the essence of a location/era. IMO, anyway. : )

It's funny because I recently did a kit based on a specific photo of a building in Baghdad. I modeled the kit very close to the actual building in the photo, right down to the open ended hallways and missing balconies. After releasing the kit the first comments were, "That looks so strange, why would the hallways lead to an opening in walls? There should be balconies there, otherwise it's not prototypical." After I produced the photo of the actual building so that they could compare it to the model then everyone could see where I was coming from.

I ended up adding the balconies. Modellers expected to see them, whether I had made my building accurate to the photo or not. : )

Thanks for your honest input. Cheers!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
Last edited by downtowndeco on July 13th, 2009, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.