For Takashi Matsumoto

Hosted by Yasu Mori, the Japanese Modelling discussion group covers questions to Japanese modellers, discussion of Japanese-themed modelling and the opportunity for Japanese modellers to discuss any aspects of AFV modelling in Japanese.

For Takashi Matsumoto

November 28th, 2008, 8:08 pm #1

These are photos of some of the vehicles that I have modelled. I hope that you enjoy them.

My latest Type 74...not quite finished. Looking for Japanese flag decals.
>

>

>

This is my version of an upgraded Type 74 that I built in 1990:

>

>

A few other projects:

>

>

Leopard I driver training tank
>

>

November 29th, 2008, 2:38 pm #2

Those are very impressive, especially "upgrade Type 74" is great fiction seems to an actual combat remodeling!! I'm also interested in Leopard I driver training tank, this's first time to see modeled one.

Japanese flag decals is in Tamiya 1/35 JGSDF Light Armored Vehicle
http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/ ... /index.htm
or might able to comes from Air model's meat-ball.

Thanks sharing!!

Regards.

November 29th, 2008, 11:45 pm #3

Hello Tak,

I appreciate your kind comments. I took most of the photos yesterday and did not take the time to dust them off.

The Leopard I driver training tank was from a vacuform kit that I bought a long time ago. The name "Air Model" comes to mind and I believe it was produced in W. Germany (at that time).

If you enjoy looking at various photos of modern armor, take a look at the modern armor forum. I was able to post quite a selection over that past couple of days.

I have been trying to keep up with the Tank X program and the S. Korean Black Panther project as well...found videos of each of them on You Tube.

Soon, I hope to start on Trumpeter's Type 89 IFV. That is another impressive looking vehicle.

Do you know if the JGSDF has plans to upgrade the Type 90 with the longer L-55 barrel and additional armor?

Thank you for the decal advice.

Your friend,
Allen

December 1st, 2008, 2:02 pm #4

Hi, Allen.

I saw Modern AFV D.G, superb photos there are!! That's inspiring me very much!!

I have not seen though I have heard vacumform kit. I heard some maker "Air Press" and "Schmitt" that sold in the 1980's. I heard that at that time, it was rare to see them because the AFV market in Japan had reduced.

There are various rumors about TK-X. In the rumors, there are some prototype vehicles, and the open to the public vehicle is a inexpensive vehicle in that. Opening to the public has been limited yet, though there are hints about technical feature in photos and videos, I heard. In Japanese forums, a lot of guesses are done that based on some fragmentary technological stuff.

JGFSDS seems to thought Type 90 has enough defense ability. It seems that they will deal by an internal improvement of composite armor. Gun is also the same as it. They will straighten out that problem by improving penetrater and powder. Adding, long barrel is not used easily for narrow place in mountain country.
....well, these are all the secondhand knowledge of rumors.

Regards.

December 1st, 2008, 3:11 pm #5

Hello Tak,

Here are some photos from the model contest this summer;

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

December 5th, 2008, 4:31 pm #6

Hi, Allen.

Chinese tank is very interesting, and it's very complex to identify. They seems to produce a small amount of improvement repeatedly. Moreover, they do by both of Hi-Lo mix. Is that Type-99?
I saw UAE BMP3 first time. That's very beautifull painted and intersting shape. I recalled Iraq T-55's concrete armour.

BTW, for I make Braille Scale models in usual so I don't know well, are Type-99 and UAE BMP3 resins conversion kit?

Regards.

December 6th, 2008, 12:31 am #7

I am glad that you enjoyed these. The Chinese tank does depict a Type-99G. I did a bit of scratch building and conversion work for this tank.

The BMP-3 is a combination of the plastic kit, I think it was by Skif, but I am not sure. I did a little scratch building and also used a conversion set by Real Models.

Both of these are in 1/35th scale.

The last model is by Trumpeter and is their Type 89(?) if I remember correctly. This was built by another young modeler and I was very impressed by his skills.

I would like to see your models if you can share them with us.

Respectfully,
Allen

December 8th, 2008, 2:48 pm #8

Hi, Allen.

Seeing this Trumpeter-guy's website, the last model is Chinese Type89 122mm multi-barrel rocket launcher as you say.
http://trumpeter.cool.ne.jp/Gallarie.html
Well, comparing Type-98 and your type-99G, you greatly reworked turret!!

These are part of photos I posted Braille scale D.G. in past, hope you enjoy.
Fujimi Type-97 Chi-ha Kai before paint, but I already failed in painting twice. Painted color are somewhat different my image and finally it's become big differnt from IJA tank.

Fujimi KT and scratch built figure.

Scratch built Russian female soldier.

and Noodle stand.

Regards.

December 9th, 2008, 3:25 am #9

Jiminy Cricketts, Takashi,

That is some wonderful and very creative work...in 1/72 or 1/76 scale, no less. I am very impressed and appreciate you for sharing these fine models.

I really like the Chi-Ha (Type 97), correct? I have the Tamiya kit and am really thinking about sending off for the Fine Molds kit. Have you looked at the Constructive Comments board? One of the gentlemen posted pics of the one he built and it looks very good.

I have not seen such work in this scale before, Tak...you have a very special gift to be able to model with such accuracy, especially in this scale.

Would you consider posting these pictures to the other boards? I know that the other guys would be glad to see what you are doing and what you have already built.

I would welcome any other photos that you can share...I showed my wife and children what you posted. We all agreed that the lonely man eating his dinner was the best.

Thank you very much,

Allen

December 10th, 2008, 2:31 pm #10

Hi, Allen.

I saw t.koorneef's Type 97 Chi-Ha Kai posted Constructive Comments D.G, it's awesome!!
FineMold's new Type 97 kai seems to great kit. However, it is talked old Tamiya doesn't put the difference easily either. On the contrary, said that Tamiya has more fine details in some parts.

I've gotten a lot of comment enough. "Futatsu De Jubun Desuyo."

I made "noodle stand" vignette touched off by small talk at Braille Scale D.G. and "Blade Runner".
After that, I am crazy about sculpting.

Happy Holiday for you and your family!!

Regards.
Last edited by takamatsu on December 10th, 2008, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.