'Flying overs' the Hague Mai 1940

March 23rd, 2017, 10:32 pm #1

Hello,

Like to present to you my small vignette of a much neglected (IMHO)theme by the 'big' manufactures; Doing those 'other' allies from WWII.

In this case it's a Dutch despatch rider with his newly arrived motorbike, a BMW R-12, accompanied by a police officer of that time looking at the skies at the enemy aircraft 'flying over' during the may 1940 battles at the low countries.('s Gravenhage is the 'old' cityname used for the Hague)

The Dutchman is an small converted italian tankcrew Alpine figure (sorry Teasung... ) with a Dutch helmeted head from the Hornet range.
The Police officer is a figure from Wee Freinds with only his arms and his neck changed, so he's looking up. After the occupation from Germany this headdress was forbidden (to much look-a-like with the English Bobby... aha...!) and changed to the soft cap.

The BMW-R12 is a small conversion of the Revell kit(without sidecar!), with the Dutch additions added and a PE set from Voyager (I believe...) Dutch registration numbers is a selfmade decal because it's non existend, as is the small advertisements/proclamation sign on the 'White board'. Indicating time and Location.

All painted up with acrylics.

The Hague newspaper saying 'Our Country is at war'

Dutch railway advertisement together with an add for some flower Exhibition at Arnhem somewhere in may 1940. Also a announcement is pinned over the adds

WIP not that a big conversion though...

Hope you like it

Cheers Erik
Last edited by ErikGideonse on March 24th, 2017, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 24th, 2017, 8:47 am #2

Nice little vignette, superb modification works on the bike!

Beautiful work!

March 24th, 2017, 9:54 am #3

Hello,

Like to present to you my small vignette of a much neglected (IMHO)theme by the 'big' manufactures; Doing those 'other' allies from WWII.

In this case it's a Dutch despatch rider with his newly arrived motorbike, a BMW R-12, accompanied by a police officer of that time looking at the skies at the enemy aircraft 'flying over' during the may 1940 battles at the low countries.('s Gravenhage is the 'old' cityname used for the Hague)

The Dutchman is an small converted italian tankcrew Alpine figure (sorry Teasung... ) with a Dutch helmeted head from the Hornet range.
The Police officer is a figure from Wee Freinds with only his arms and his neck changed, so he's looking up. After the occupation from Germany this headdress was forbidden (to much look-a-like with the English Bobby... aha...!) and changed to the soft cap.

The BMW-R12 is a small conversion of the Revell kit(without sidecar!), with the Dutch additions added and a PE set from Voyager (I believe...) Dutch registration numbers is a selfmade decal because it's non existend, as is the small advertisements/proclamation sign on the 'White board'. Indicating time and Location.

Dutch railway advertisement together with an add for some flower Exhibition at Arnhem somewhere in may 1940. Also a announcement is pinned over the adds

Hope you like it

Cheers Erik
I love the subject!
Well done.
I hope to see it 'in live' soon at one of the modelling events!

Bart

I agree about this being

March 24th, 2017, 1:56 pm #4

Hello,

Hope you like it

Cheers Erik
a very neglected area of history. You tell the missing parts very well here and the concept is awesome. The execution i also very very nice from the building and cobbles to the modified figs to the bike. All brilliant. Wonderful to look at. And...nobody is pointing !!!
J

Nice little vignette

March 24th, 2017, 4:45 pm #5

Hello,

Hope you like it

Cheers Erik
Hallo Erik

Nice to see something Dutch here for a change Good idea behind the vignette,
excellent work on the R12, figures and scene.
Personally I find the plate/Lion on front of the helmet a bit on the thick side,
but that's me

Excellent work overall !

Groeten
Theo

Thanks Sin!! n/t

March 24th, 2017, 8:54 pm #6

Nice little vignette, superb modification works on the bike!
Thanks Sin!! n/t

Thanks Bart, and...

March 24th, 2017, 8:56 pm #7

I love the subject!
Well done.
I hope to see it 'in live' soon at one of the modelling events!

Bart
you will see it somewhere on some event I think.
See you there

E

Thanks Jerry, well...

March 24th, 2017, 9:04 pm #8

a very neglected area of history. You tell the missing parts very well here and the concept is awesome. The execution i also very very nice from the building and cobbles to the modified figs to the bike. All brilliant. Wonderful to look at. And...nobody is pointing !!!
J
he's gestureing. Some sort of pointing

I will hope that someone sees the light some day, and will do some of those 'other' armies in Plastik

Thx again mate

E

Thanks Theo...

March 24th, 2017, 9:07 pm #9

Hallo Erik

Nice to see something Dutch here for a change Good idea behind the vignette,
excellent work on the R12, figures and scene.
Personally I find the plate/Lion on front of the helmet a bit on the thick side,
but that's me

Excellent work overall !

Groeten
Theo
You are absolutly right on the Lion plate! It's not easy to do this in 1:35 scale you know, working on such a small surface....
Still hoping someone some day will do this in PE....

Glad you like it!

Groeten terug
Erik

Great job Erik!

March 25th, 2017, 11:37 pm #10

Hello,

Hope you like it

Cheers Erik
You are my monthly modeller...again!
http://cecetotoy.blogspot.it
Cesare