Flaktracks: Finale!

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Flaktracks: Finale!

August 6th, 2017, 4:29 pm #1

Except for a couple of figures I will be adding at a future date (just got some new Caesar figs in just the uniforms I need!) these builds are done. Recall that the vehicles are the Sd. Kfz. 251/10 from Dragon, the 2 cm Schwebelafette is from Modelltrans and the MG 15/20 Drilling is from CMK. Paints used were from Lifecolors and Model Master. The tarps and sheets were shoebox tissue paper coated with white glue and the wire was from a standard electrical cable. Hope you enjoy!

I'll be taking a beak from model making for a few days and then it's on to the group Recon build - see you there!
Last edited by Kevin Tong on August 6th, 2017, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 6th, 2017, 5:05 pm #2

Very inspiring, too. I have the drilling set waiting in a pipeline - so, one day...

August 6th, 2017, 5:43 pm #3

Except for a couple of figures I will be adding at a future date (just got some new Caesar figs in just the uniforms I need!) these builds are done. Recall that the vehicles are the Sd. Kfz. 251/10 from Dragon, the 2 cm Schwebelafette is from Modelltrans and the MG 15/20 Drilling is from CMK. Paints used were from Lifecolors and Model Master. The tarps and sheets were shoebox tissue paper coated with white glue and the wire was from a standard electrical cable. Hope you enjoy!

I'll be taking a beak from model making for a few days and then it's on to the group Recon build - see you there!
Excellent work Kevin, these look really good. Nice to see the Sd.Kfz.251/17 and Sd.Kfz.251/21 like this giving us a nice comparison.
So, will you be doing the 251 aircraft mount version after the group Recon build?

Cheers
Stefan
Stefan Zadziuk
IPMS 72
MAFVA 386

August 6th, 2017, 5:49 pm #4

Hello Kevin,

Two very nicely finished models, well done, excellent work. I like the white sheets hanging from the Drilling conversion, very unusual and really well done, especially the ragged, muddy bottoms. Both models have very good winter whitewash finishes, both different and interesting. Lots to look at and study, plenty of inspiration, I have dug out all my 251's and started them, don't know what I am doing with them yet, but this gives me ideas.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

August 6th, 2017, 6:08 pm #5

2 gems! N/T

August 6th, 2017, 6:15 pm #6

Well done Kevin. Very nice indeed. Tim Treadway

August 6th, 2017, 9:04 pm #7

Very nicely done Kevin. I particularly like the drilling, especially the top shot. Just the right combination of color and whitwash

Regards,
Mark
“I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.” - Groucho Marx

August 6th, 2017, 11:19 pm #8

.....what a job you have done....they really look the business.....excellent work!

Cheers,

Neil

August 7th, 2017, 6:32 am #9

Really impressive paint work, very evocative the period

August 7th, 2017, 7:02 am #10

Excellent work !
http://scale72world.blogspot.fr/