First attempt on WWI tank

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

First attempt on WWI tank

February 21st, 2006, 10:00 pm #1

Hello gentleman,

I'm usually around the Braille Scale DG and I must confess I didnt even remember to come here for information, totally forgot. I usually build WWII vehicles but after reading Landships.com article about the MarK I, I decided to have a go. I proceeded to convert it to a Mark II by removing the hatch in the drivers cabin, instaling the triangular shields over the exhausts, not installing the wheels on the backside and scratchbuildinf the box and the little squared. I dont know if the box is correct because I only had one litte photo of it. I also opened a little vision port on the sponsons according to another pic I had has reference.

Any comments are welcome as this is not my usuall cup-of-tea but I'd little too build a nice little model that can be easilly understood as a Mk II

Here is my progress so far:

Tanks in advance,

Francisco

March 4th, 2006, 11:20 pm #2

Good work there, Francisco! How did you make the new rivets, by the way? And please post more as it progresses.

March 14th, 2006, 8:27 pm #3

Hello gentleman,

I'm usually around the Braille Scale DG and I must confess I didnt even remember to come here for information, totally forgot. I usually build WWII vehicles but after reading Landships.com article about the MarK I, I decided to have a go. I proceeded to convert it to a Mark II by removing the hatch in the drivers cabin, instaling the triangular shields over the exhausts, not installing the wheels on the backside and scratchbuildinf the box and the little squared. I dont know if the box is correct because I only had one litte photo of it. I also opened a little vision port on the sponsons according to another pic I had has reference.

Any comments are welcome as this is not my usuall cup-of-tea but I'd little too build a nice little model that can be easilly understood as a Mk II

Here is my progress so far:

Tanks in advance,

Francisco
Thanks for your words Todd. The rivets were made with little drops of white glue. I'm still waiting for Landship decals and I hope they bring some paint instructions..

I'm planning to do a little display base with a soldier cleaning the excess mud from the tracks to install track-spuds. I'm lacking some info about the uniform colours and I'm converting a preiser figure according to a photo of a figure of the Emhar british infantry and tank crew, the one handling the box.

I'll post my progess here as soon as possible.

Thanks again,

Francisco

March 16th, 2006, 10:38 pm #4

Thanks for the tip about rivets, Francisco!

Looks like you're in luck about tips on colours, as according to Landships...

"The instructions also contain notes on the Camouflage and Colours used on the Early British Tanks."

Plus, you can always ask on the Landships Forum - we don't bite! lol

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=63528

March 17th, 2006, 6:09 pm #5

Thanks again for your help! Landships and it's forum were what made me start this project. I've already submited some photos and asked some questions and you all have been most helpfull.

Happy modelling,

Francisco