Firefly VC (NZ 4th Armoured Brigade, Italy 1945)

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Firefly VC (NZ 4th Armoured Brigade, Italy 1945)

April 30th, 2009, 12:18 am #1

April 30th, 2009, 9:25 am #2

especially fading of colour. Nice work

All the best

April 30th, 2009, 10:15 am #3

Bruce,

Welcome to the forum.

Was the winner happy with this evry special trophy? I hope so.

As for the firely, I understand you made this way intentionally but maybe tracks are a bit to much rusted to me. Anyways I appreciate more and more people is giving quarter scale a chance little by little. What is your opinion after yourr first biuld?

Thanks for sharing.
Lu

April 30th, 2009, 11:05 am #4

Lu,

Oh, I've been hanging around Missing-Lynx for a while ... I just don't post much here.

The winner was very happy, but he might just have been being kind. He builds much better models than I do.

I really wasn't sure of the best way to approach painting the tracks, and I understand your comment of "too much rust". Something for me to work on in future builds.

I consider myself "scale neutral". I'm happy to approach a kit in any scale. My only concern is that, lacking an airbrush, I'm not wild about the idea of painting large kits by brush. This Firefly was almost bigger than I felt comfortable with. In the near future I do expect to be able to use an airbrush (my current living arrangements make using one here impossible) and that will all change, in the meantime I make myself happy with building 72nd/76th kits. But this 48th scale kit was a nice compromise and I expect to do more in future.

Bruce Probst
Melbourne, Australia

April 30th, 2009, 2:22 pm #5

That's a great idea for a trophy and it turned out well. Congrats go to you. Greg

April 30th, 2009, 11:13 pm #6

......trophy.

I would be VERY happy with a trophy like that. I can´t imagine any better trophy than one made by a modeller for a modeller.

Thanks for sharing