Finnish Armour book question

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Finnish Armour book question

June 30th, 2011, 12:18 pm #1

Hi All

There's apparently a good book on Finnish post war armour by Apali(?) can anybody give me more information and availability please?

On a related matter I'm after paint recommendations for the two tone green finish on Charioteers. I've found an old thread but it has a dead link.

TIA

June 30th, 2011, 4:57 pm #2

Suomalaiset Panssarivaunut 1918-1997
The Finnish Armored Vehicles 1918-1997
By Esa Muikku and Jukka Purhonen

I managed to buy the last one (?) at the shop of the Parola tank museum for a friend who was after it.

There are two editions of this book I believe (I have the first one from the late 1990s), the last one was slightly revised.

Cheers,

Christophe

July 1st, 2011, 9:46 am #4

Hi All

There's apparently a good book on Finnish post war armour by Apali(?) can anybody give me more information and availability please?

On a related matter I'm after paint recommendations for the two tone green finish on Charioteers. I've found an old thread but it has a dead link.

TIA
Hi,
i called the Parola museum and they told that they still have one book for sale. It´s 44. They can be contacted in this address ; toimisto@panssarimuseo.fi
here is the page ;
http://www.panssarimuseo.fi/myytavana.html
Hth;
Pekka Nieminen

July 2nd, 2011, 2:28 pm #5

Hi All

TIA
Actually there has never been a two green camo on Finnish Charioteers except on one "restored" museum piece

Cheers,
Jukka

July 2nd, 2011, 7:55 pm #6

Hi,
i called the Parola museum and they told that they still have one book for sale. It´s 44. They can be contacted in this address ; toimisto@panssarimuseo.fi
here is the page ;
http://www.panssarimuseo.fi/myytavana.html
Hth;
Pekka Nieminen
Looks like I need another scheme though

Thanks!!