Finishing the markB

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

Finishing the markB

gilles Thomas
gilles Thomas

April 5th, 2004, 3:26 pm #1

Hi

I'm working on my MarkB and adding some weathering and dust. It's not allready finish, but I hope I found a correct color to look like the British brown...
The model depicts one of the tank in storage at Bovington waiting for another war... Maybe in Russia with the Whites armies.
Quite new paint, just a little dust.
All the comments are wellcome

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Regards
Gilles

Tim Rigsby
Tim Rigsby

April 5th, 2004, 4:45 pm #2

Hello, I think you did a great job on this tank, How did you come up with what seems to be a very very close match to the color of the real tanks?

gilles thomas
gilles thomas

April 5th, 2004, 5:14 pm #3

The color is somewhat composite!
I first airbrushed the thank with Humbroll 170 to have some pre shading effect, then I Use a mix with 4parts H29 and 1part H170
The last touch comes with a very light effect of H118 to give some light effect in the centre of some panels.
Paint chipping with H170 to have a low contrast.

But there is maybe an easier way!
Gilles

Mario Didier
Mario Didier

April 5th, 2004, 10:04 pm #4

Hi Gilles, you have done a great job with your tank.
Is the quality of this kit worthy its price?
Thanks in advance.
Mario

gilles thomas
gilles thomas

April 5th, 2004, 11:15 pm #5

The model is a full scratch built project...
I tried to purchas a commander model some times ago but I never found any!
Looking at the pictures on their website, it look good except for the hatch on the hull and some details on the engine deck wich are different with the Bovington museeum blue prints...

[/img]

regards
Gilles

Mario Didier
Mario Didier

April 6th, 2004, 6:36 am #6

Oh my God!!! Forgive me for my mistake, if the painting and the weathering are a great job your complete scratchbuilt model is just a true Masterpiece!!!!
Mario Didier

gilles thomas
gilles thomas

April 6th, 2004, 1:30 pm #7

Thanks for your comments.
Building this little beast was a real pleasure, and I think the next one on the workbench will be the Mark C!
Regards
Gilles

TIM RIGSBY
TIM RIGSBY

April 6th, 2004, 9:35 pm #8

Oh my God!!! Forgive me for my mistake, if the painting and the weathering are a great job your complete scratchbuilt model is just a true Masterpiece!!!!
Mario Didier
Man, Now thats awsome, I love to see scratch build models. This one is Great.
Tim

Nick Balmer
Nick Balmer

April 8th, 2004, 9:32 pm #9

The model is a full scratch built project...
I tried to purchas a commander model some times ago but I never found any!
Looking at the pictures on their website, it look good except for the hatch on the hull and some details on the engine deck wich are different with the Bovington museeum blue prints...

[/img]

regards
Gilles
Hello,

What did you use to do the rivets?

I have a partly built Mark V, but the rivets are driving me daft.

Regards

Nick Balmer

gilles thomas
gilles thomas

April 9th, 2004, 8:23 pm #10

The rivets are from my old punch and die...
There are thousands, but you can take some time!
In fact I have a lot of projects in process, and I work one the rivets betwin other work!
Regarding the mark V, We'll havec the new Ehmar... not à Winner as far I know, but with a lot of rivets stll in place.
There is another tank I have on the worbench : the mark IX... and I try to fix 50 rivets a week!
Picture in two years!
Gilles