Fine Molds Type-94 TK

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Fine Molds Type-94 TK

July 8th, 2011, 10:22 pm #1

My latest kit. Finished this one in a rush and think I may need to put some more dull coat on the turret. Only thing I didn't really like about the kit were the tracks. Model Kasten makes a set for them and they are TINY (just like this model). Will use them on my next one. Posted this more to get some discussion on my pictures. I got a new camera and am trying to learn it. It is a Nikon D3100 with the standard 18 - 55mm lens. What do you think? Tips are more than welcome.

Thanks.

Roy

July 9th, 2011, 11:31 am #2

A little flatter finish just may enhance the over all look,
But it's really hard for me to tell, as it just maybe the lighting conditions when you took the photos.

July 9th, 2011, 3:53 pm #3

I think your photos turned out fine. The kits all in focus, the lights good and the background works.
I'm not sure if you concider this one done except for the dull coat, but i would do something to liven up the tracks. Some sort of weathering to show what ever detail is there. Regard's, Dave.

July 11th, 2011, 7:23 pm #4

My latest kit. Finished this one in a rush and think I may need to put some more dull coat on the turret. Only thing I didn't really like about the kit were the tracks. Model Kasten makes a set for them and they are TINY (just like this model). Will use them on my next one. Posted this more to get some discussion on my pictures. I got a new camera and am trying to learn it. It is a Nikon D3100 with the standard 18 - 55mm lens. What do you think? Tips are more than welcome.

Thanks.

Roy
Love this little tank! I've been wanting to build one for a while; I'd be scared of the MK tracks for this, they have to be tiny!

Are you gonna dust it up?

Cheers, Tracy