filter help

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

filter help

mike drysdale
mike drysdale

August 18th, 2003, 10:45 pm #1

I've just redone my t-34 in tamiya x-61 and have done a very subtle lighting of the panels ect
what colours would you recomend to bring this oout and what medium should I use oil/enamel/acrylic and airbrush/paint if oil/enamal what should I use to thin it? dont want to use pure turps as it's melted my kits before and I've found that I never got the effect were did I go wrong?
:|
thanks in advance

bryan kennedy
bryan kennedy

August 24th, 2003, 6:35 pm #2

I'm finishing up a dark yellow tiger painted with tamiya acrylics. I used future as a protective coat, and I'm on my fifth filter application. Oil paint works great with mineral spirits and only interacts with the paint slightly (in a good way.) I've used umbers, siennas, white, gray, and linen. Mix the paint in a jar in small blobs with lots of spirits and apply it with a broad brush. You can also apply tiny dots or lines of oil paint and brush them out with lots of clean mineral spirits (makes nice streaks.)

Read this, its helpful:

http://www.missing-lynx.com/articles/ot ... wpaint.htm