Figures to go with 1/35 Adler SdKfz 13?

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

Figures to go with 1/35 Adler SdKfz 13?

January 29th, 2010, 9:04 pm #1

Gents,
Just got the Bronco kit and wonder what figures are available that would be appropriate for the vehicle in the 1930's, Wehrmacht?

I found some artwork showing one Adler as a "Reichswehr" vehicle circa 1934 , are there any figures available for that era?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Michael Lee Smith

January 30th, 2010, 3:53 am #2

for you-or direction at least. The Japanese Armor King makes a nice line of late WWI German soldiers in resin. You'll have to convert a bit but I think they represent a better and more accurate start point than even early WWII German figs. Coal Scuttle helmets and the sackier uniform jacket.
This is how I hope to proceed at least
Regards bobC

January 30th, 2010, 12:31 pm #3

I wouldn't have a clue what all I might need to do to make them accurate...I do like the stuff he sells, Googled it after you turned me on to the name..

Michael Lee Smith

February 1st, 2010, 3:23 am #4

Osprey does 1 or two Freicorps/Reichwehr volumes and Schiffer, I think, does a large Freicorps book (which I'm pretty sure I have but can't find:()
Freicorps uniforms (large generalization here) were a mixture of end of war (WWI) German Military uniforms + civilian garb. A nice "between the wars" give away detail would be the large WWI coal scuttle helmet not the 1935 shorter version. The uniform coat was carried over to a degree even to the Weimar period. The colour was different more a blue/gray not the WW2 field gray. were they redyed? I don't know probably would be my guess. Belt equipment was similar though the gas mask can is pretty different and again I don't see the German throwing away any usable equipment so I'm sure that WWI gas mask cans were seen into the 30's.
I had some luck Googleing Reichwehr images same for Freicorps and WWI-that will give you some ideas. I have to look for the books I mentioned like I said I think I have them but I'm wrapped up in trying to finish my Laffly for AMPS first-Good luck
Regards bobC

February 1st, 2010, 8:06 pm #5

Michael Lee Smith

February 2nd, 2010, 6:56 pm #6

I typed Reichswehr uniforms into Google and simply by cruising the various websites you'll see plenty of pictures giving you an idea of what the Reichwehr uniforms would/could look like.
Some really tempting books offered too!

February 4th, 2010, 7:10 am #7

I like the "spit and polish" as a break from the endless rusted worn out tanks that are currently in vogue. Plus their vehicles are just too funky! And camouflaged BICYCLES??? I love it.

Michael Lee Smith

February 4th, 2010, 7:43 am #8

no further camo comments sir!
If you're a book guy look for Panzerspahwagen at War, distributed by Airconnection, a JJ Federowicz publication. The whole forst section, lots and lots of pics of the Adler. Yeah visible camo too:)

February 5th, 2010, 6:30 am #9

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/836004 ... penlibr-20

If it is, I want it! but kinda pricey ;-(

Michael Lee Smith

February 5th, 2010, 1:03 pm #10

That book is at my local hobby store. I did look through it recently. Most of this series of books dissapoint me in that the photo quality is not great. I will look hopefully be at the store this afternoon and look at it and give you a bettwer informed opinion. IIRC it is priced at ~$70.

Thanks

Dave Schemel

Improving my modeling one mistake at a time.

www.justplanestuff.net