Figure for Marder diorama

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Figure for Marder diorama

May 4th, 2010, 2:38 pm #1

Guys
This fellow will appear in my Marder diorama. It's one of the marvellous Alpine figures sculpted by Mike Good. A real joy to paint. Done in Vallejo acrylics, I'm quite pleased just need to work a little more on my Quartescale face painting techniques, but this is the first figure I've painted this year!!!
Cheers
David

May 4th, 2010, 2:55 pm #2

Outstanding!! I am way impressed. What kind of paints did you use for the face (acrylics or oils).

Nice job.

Phil

May 4th, 2010, 2:59 pm #3

Guys
This fellow will appear in my Marder diorama. It's one of the marvellous Alpine figures sculpted by Mike Good. A real joy to paint. Done in Vallejo acrylics, I'm quite pleased just need to work a little more on my Quartescale face painting techniques, but this is the first figure I've painted this year!!!
Cheers
David

Great Dave , really cool to see it as yours is the first "buyers" fig painted up I have seen. The face looks just great from this view with regards to the scale. Jacket looks good too.
Nice Italian cammo- It will make a great addition to your Marder III

Keep at it

Best

Paul

May 4th, 2010, 3:15 pm #4

Guys
Cheers
David

I enjoyed it. Everything was done in Vallejos over an airbrushed base of Tamiya. I followed Calvin Tan's excellent Osprey book for the mixes on the camo trousers.
Cheers
David

May 4th, 2010, 3:22 pm #5

Guys
Cheers
David

May 4th, 2010, 7:17 pm #6

Guys
Cheers
David

May 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm #7

Guys
Cheers
David

Nice figure!!! .... can you paint for me my own figures!

Details seems impresive!

May 5th, 2010, 7:57 am #8

Guys
Cheers
David

May 5th, 2010, 9:55 am #9

Guys
Cheers
David

he looks really good, David. Lovely work, also very coherent camo-colours.

cheers Erik

May 5th, 2010, 4:02 pm #10

Guys
Cheers
David

David,

That tank crewman looks very well painted from that image, BUT it seems you want us to suffer posting such a tiny stamp... Okay, I admit the figgy looks true 1/48th scale size in my screen...

You are one very mean guy.
Lu