Fighting48th A34 Comet cruiser, Complete.

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Fighting48th A34 Comet cruiser, Complete.

December 12th, 2011, 5:37 pm #1

Hello All;

I am showing you some images of my latest build, it is the all-resin kit by Fighting48th of the British A34 Comet tank. This model has set the bar to a new high level for 48th scale resin models.
I know the kit is a bit expensive, but it includes everything you'd ever need for the model, with no need for after-market.
The kit includes:

All resin and photo-etch model
Two resin crewmen figures
A 77mm gun made by RB Models just for this kit
Two RB Models BESA mg barrels
Two clear resin turret search light lenses
Decals for 14 different tanks (including Irish Guards and Finnish)

In fact, the only additions I made were the stowage bits, and the driver figure, which is another F48 figure.

On to pics.....

This is easily the finest resin kit I've ever built. No affiliation to the company, just a very satisfied customer.

All comments and feedback are, as always, greatly welcomed. Thank you for taking the time to look.

Cheers, Pat

December 12th, 2011, 9:09 pm #2

Excellent work
---------------------------
http://www.majepi.blogspot.com
Last edited by Robert_Gawel on December 14th, 2011, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 12th, 2011, 11:16 pm #3

Hello All;

I am showing you some images of my latest build, it is the all-resin kit by Fighting48th of the British A34 Comet tank. This model has set the bar to a new high level for 48th scale resin models.
I know the kit is a bit expensive, but it includes everything you'd ever need for the model, with no need for after-market.
The kit includes:

In fact, the only additions I made were the stowage bits, and the driver figure, which is another F48 figure.

On to pics.....

This is easily the finest resin kit I've ever built. No affiliation to the company, just a very satisfied customer.

All comments and feedback are, as always, greatly welcomed. Thank you for taking the time to look.

Cheers, Pat
Another knock-out Pat! The paint and weathering is perfect as usual. Is that kit designed with some sort of rapid prototyping for the master? I'm not familiar with those kits, but some of the texture reminds me of printed parts I've seen before.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Clay

December 13th, 2011, 12:53 pm #4

Hello All;

The kit includes:

On to pics.....

Cheers, Pat
Dear Pat,

I am always moved with your work.
Great Comet, I can not occur other words.

In my Comet, basic assembling is over and awaiting the painting.
The completion is over this year.

Best regards,
Toku

December 13th, 2011, 2:18 pm #5

Hello All;

The kit includes:

On to pics.....

Cheers, Pat
What is there to say Pat but Bravo!

- John

December 13th, 2011, 3:07 pm #6

Hello All;

The kit includes:

On to pics.....

Cheers, Pat
Pat,

Congrats on the Comet. One more work with your signature undoubtedly. Mr. Perry must be happy too.

Good work.
Lu

December 13th, 2011, 8:01 pm #7

Hello All;

The kit includes:

On to pics.....

Cheers, Pat
As always a pleasure seeing something new from you, Pat.
Excellent work allaround!

Cheers,
Anders

December 13th, 2011, 8:24 pm #8

Hello All;

The kit includes:

On to pics.....

Cheers, Pat
Perhaps your best yet, this is simply fantastic. Pure eye candy.

Congrats!

Best,

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/RinaldiStudio

December 14th, 2011, 6:31 am #9

Hello All;

The kit includes:

On to pics.....

Cheers, Pat
Hello Pat

Tahnks for showing this model and I take a lot of time for looking.
Now, after a long speechless time I want to respond.

A great kit and some clear building. How the parts fit?
And the etched parts, do you solder it or gluing it?
And you say it will be high priced. I take a look at the website and the price, I mean is ok for this quality and the bulk of parts.
I by mostly kits from Tamiya but with etched parts, resin parts or a Friul track I be in the same price class.

Let me return to your model.
After a clear assambling you make a very good paintjob.
And the driver is one of the eyecatcher from your model what take him to look live.

Many thanks for showing, I hope the next project will come soon.

With best regards
Andreas
http://www.modellbaurunde.at

December 14th, 2011, 7:37 am #10

Hello All;

The kit includes:

On to pics.....

Cheers, Pat
Hi Pat,

Very nice work my friend, the driver head is a funny detail, thanks for sharing it.

Cheers.

Domin