Feedback wanted on new kits.

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Feedback wanted on new kits.

November 28th, 2008, 7:55 pm #1

Hi Guys. I'm starting a new company that will produce structure kits in 1/35 (& perhaps 1/48). The kits will featue cast hydrocal plaster parts, laser cut wood windows, doors & shattered glass, cast rubble & bricks and easy to understand, full color painting & aging instructions. Here is one of my first releases.

[/IMG]

DP2 Government Ruins.

I'm looking for any constructive feedback I can get on these kits. Thanks much!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus

November 28th, 2008, 9:03 pm #2

Randy,
That is a really nice piece of ruin!! From outside it looks superb, do you have some photos from the inside part of it?
Can´t wait to see whats coming next!!! And what about where to get it?
Cheeers,
William

November 28th, 2008, 10:17 pm #3

Because I wanted to try & keep the cost down the interior is pretty plain. It's up to the modeller to add interior detail.

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus

November 28th, 2008, 10:47 pm #4

Hi Guys. I'm starting a new company that will produce structure kits in 1/35 (& perhaps 1/48). The kits will featue cast hydrocal plaster parts, laser cut wood windows, doors & shattered glass, cast rubble & bricks and easy to understand, full color painting & aging instructions. Here is one of my first releases.

[/IMG]

DP2 Government Ruins.

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
Wow.....its wonderful, many congratulation....!!!!.which is his price?Where is located DIORAMA PLUS? In usa?Thanks Mario.

November 28th, 2008, 11:05 pm #5

Thanks. The kit will retail for $44.95. Dioramas Plus is my brand new company. The website is being built now. Dealer/distributor inquiries are welcome, although I will sell direct as well. Stay tuned!

Randy Pepprock

Dioramas Plus

5323 Fiddler Ct

Florence MT 59833 USA

downtowndeco@montana.com
Last edited by downtowndeco on November 28th, 2008, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 29th, 2008, 1:10 am #6

[/IMG]

DP2 Government Ruins.

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
how much variety will there be,ie:
city buildings,rural dwellings,different styles,French,Italian,...
how about things like park walls/gates,retaining walls,etc
looks very promising so far
Cheers,
Tim

November 29th, 2008, 3:59 am #7

[/IMG]

DP2 Government Ruins.

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
Hi Randy,

Great stuff!
I am looking forward to seeing more products from your new company.

Cheers,
Norio

November 29th, 2008, 3:07 pm #8

[/IMG]

DP2 Government Ruins.

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
Randy,
My overall first impression is that it is an impressive kit with loads of potential. My only real constructive feedback and personal gripe is the way the front face piece must meet/attach to the side/return face. The details such as the ledges between floors and block joints don't carry around the corner. Perhaps it's just as easy as some additional lines scribed in the returns. Please don't get me wrong not all buildings match perfectly and this may just be my own personal gripe, but I do know that how that corner is made is one of the first things I look at when considering a purchase.

Again, I do think it's a nice piece, my concern would be the corner joint.

I hope this is the kind of feedback you were after?

Steve

November 30th, 2008, 2:42 pm #9

Thanks Steve. Yes, corners on a kit like this are always a bit tricky. I agree though, that generally this one works pretty well. I'm looking at other corner fixes for future releases. Cheers!

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus

November 30th, 2008, 9:32 pm #10

[/IMG]

DP2 Government Ruins.

Randy Pepprock
Dioramas Plus
Any thoughts on some 1/72?....