Farewell

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Farewell

May 4th, 2012, 1:10 pm #1

Not a permanent valediction I'm glad to say, but I will be pretty much off-line for the next six months, with only intermittent access as the demands of the job and of course connectivity allows.

I am off to be the Chief Joint Operations in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), flying out tomorrow and returning mid-November. I will be based in Juba, the capital of the newest country in the world (and of course my camera will be with me wherever I go!). All the very best to you all,

Dick

May 4th, 2012, 1:41 pm #2

Best of luck!!!

May 4th, 2012, 1:42 pm #3

Not a permanent valediction I'm glad to say, but I will be pretty much off-line for the next six months, with only intermittent access as the demands of the job and of course connectivity allows.

I am off to be the Chief Joint Operations in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), flying out tomorrow and returning mid-November. I will be based in Juba, the capital of the newest country in the world (and of course my camera will be with me wherever I go!). All the very best to you all,

Dick
Certainly a hotspot. Have safe travels!

Roy Chow
AMPS President
http://www.amps-armor.org
Roy Chow
Join AMPS!

May 4th, 2012, 1:43 pm #4

Dick
Hi Dick,

please receive my best wishes in your new job, take care and please let us know when possible about the good advances the UN may do on such necessitated country. How we behave and what we did is our legacy, and is how we all will be remembered!!!

Jose Reyes

May 4th, 2012, 1:44 pm #5

Dick
Hi Dick:

Stay safe over there and good luck. You're doing good work in an area of the world that needs it.

I'll be taking some photos for you this summer!

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Taylor
Thachweave Products
http://thachweave.tripod.com

May 4th, 2012, 2:23 pm #6

Dick
God speed Dick,

remember to check your six and keep your eyes and ears open.

Thank you for your service in a severely underappreciated job.

Good luck

Jens

Information not shared is information lost.

1/87er, die feinmotorisch flinke Elite des Modellbaus.

http://www.scalemodelteam.de
Information not shared is information lost.

May 4th, 2012, 2:32 pm #7

Dick
Best wishes and stay safe.

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Replace dod in email address

May 4th, 2012, 3:06 pm #8

Dick
Hope all goes well for you, I suspect you may be right about the Internet access

May 4th, 2012, 5:35 pm #9

Dick
For a successful mission and safe return.
Karl.

11a

May 4th, 2012, 5:41 pm #10

Dick
Hi DIck,

Stay safe and enjoy the tour. Good luck.

Al