Emhar Scans

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

Emhar Scans

Tom Sime
Tom Sime

November 25th, 2004, 5:05 am #1

Robert Langham emailed me the scans below I’m posting these on his behave

The “box art (?)” for both the Schneider and the Mk.V are period photo’s so no clues to the quality of what will be inside.

However the text under the Mk.V reads-
“This version was introduced late in the war. Many where sold to the Russians and where used there manly in “hermaphrodite” versions…….The kit has a complete new roof mold and a complete new frame for different rear horns, cupola, fuel tanks exhaust etc and will permit ether a male, female or hermaphrodite version to be built.”

I don’t have the earlier Emhar heavies so I cant compare what I’m reading with a kit but this reads to me “ALL NEW KIT”. I could however be reading this wrong?

Thank you Robert hope your feeling better.
Tom

Peter Kempf
Peter Kempf

November 25th, 2004, 8:55 am #2

that means EMHAR will try and reuse parts of the mold of their old Mk IV, which is not the best of news, as we all know - thanks to Mike Cooper - that that kit has dimensional problems. But still, better a flawed Mk V than none at all...

/PK

David Maynard
David Maynard

November 25th, 2004, 9:06 am #3

Looks like they've only changed the parts that are different on the Mark V anyway. The prototype model shown in Military Modelling (last year?)had the new parts moulded in a different colour plastic the rest looked the same.