EMHAR news

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

EMHAR news

Peter Kempf
Peter Kempf

November 20th, 2004, 8:48 am #1

I understand that EMHAR is going to reveal their 2005 Schedule at an IPMS Show in UK this weekend. Anyone out there that has heard anything about their "Great War"-plans? (Except for the WW1 US Infantry that is?)

Any new WW1 AFV kits on the way? We have all heard the speculations about them issuing a Schneider CA.1.

Eagerly awaiting any news...

/Peter K

Tom Sime
Tom Sime

November 21st, 2004, 5:08 am #2

...you'll find the Schneider and the Mk.V both in 1/35 listed as Future releases at Hannants.

Tom

Phil Radley
Phil Radley

November 21st, 2004, 10:53 am #3

...I really like the look of the Crimean War French and the Zoaves, and I don't believe their uniform changed that much before 1914 - and the Zoaves would probably have been using the out of date rifle even during the Great War. Also the Franco-Prussian 'Germans' will probably be useful as well, although there is no preview of them.

I was just thinking about how long it took them to turn the 1/35 Whippet into a 1/72 model. At least these new figures are in the right scale!!!

Phil

Robert Langham
Robert Langham

November 21st, 2004, 2:25 pm #4

I understand that EMHAR is going to reveal their 2005 Schedule at an IPMS Show in UK this weekend. Anyone out there that has heard anything about their "Great War"-plans? (Except for the WW1 US Infantry that is?)

Any new WW1 AFV kits on the way? We have all heard the speculations about them issuing a Schneider CA.1.

Eagerly awaiting any news...

/Peter K
Hi guys, just got the pocketbond limited catalogue, Emhar will be releasing a Schneider tank in 1/35, there isn't a boxart but a photo of the tank. It also says ''2004'' so maybe it will be released by the end of this year. There is also the boxart for the Mk V tank, looks very nice, can be built as a Male, Female or Hermaphrodite version, not sure if this is old news.

Tom Sime
Tom Sime

November 21st, 2004, 7:54 pm #5

...I really like the look of the Crimean War French and the Zoaves, and I don't believe their uniform changed that much before 1914 - and the Zoaves would probably have been using the out of date rifle even during the Great War. Also the Franco-Prussian 'Germans' will probably be useful as well, although there is no preview of them.

I was just thinking about how long it took them to turn the 1/35 Whippet into a 1/72 model. At least these new figures are in the right scale!!!

Phil
Yes the Zouaves look nice hopefully they pantograph down to look as good as the master. If he Crimean “Light Brigade” and “Russian Artillery” are anything to judge by then this probably wont be a problem. The link to the “Saxon figures” looks more like “Greeks(?)” to me!

In the past I’ve been accused of being a dreamer but still it would be nice if they did all new molds for the Mk.V and got it right! There has been enough noise about the Mk.IV so they must know what needs doing by now!

Re the “right scale” I tent to adapt what I want to portray to the models available, this way the “right scale” becomes flexible and with this they are all right for me!

Tom

Tom Sime
Tom Sime

November 21st, 2004, 8:02 pm #6

Hi guys, just got the pocketbond limited catalogue, Emhar will be releasing a Schneider tank in 1/35, there isn't a boxart but a photo of the tank. It also says ''2004'' so maybe it will be released by the end of this year. There is also the boxart for the Mk V tank, looks very nice, can be built as a Male, Female or Hermaphrodite version, not sure if this is old news.
...the Schneider and the Mk.V box art?

I'm sure all would be glad to see these.
If you can scan but cant post you can send images to me and I'll post with full credit to you.

Tom

Robert Langham
Robert Langham

November 22nd, 2004, 9:48 pm #7

Sure, i'm off school with the cold (really bad actually, never had it this bad lol) so i'll scan them and send u them sometime tomorrow if i manage to get out of bed.

Tom Sime
Tom Sime

November 23rd, 2004, 4:18 am #8

Hi Robert,

There’s no rush so don’t touch that scanner till you’re well enough!
Relax take it easy-now might be a good time to build a model?

Get well soon.

Tom

Robert Langham
Robert Langham

November 23rd, 2004, 1:09 pm #9

Hi, thanks, i'm feeling a lot better now, just a sore throat lol. I would build a kit, if only i had one to build! Im still waiting for my RPM Ford Model T ambulance and Emhar Whippet, both in 1/72, to come in the post from Hannants. Anyway, heres the link to the photos http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rlangh ... .dir=/14e3
The one for the Emhar MK V came out quite badly, not sure why, i'll try and give it another go before too long.

Tom Sime
Tom Sime

November 24th, 2004, 2:02 am #10

Hi Robert,

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better.

Ambulance and Whippet are both nice little kits-with a little extra work they show well. I just ordered 4 (more!) Ambulances from Squadron they have them on sale for $4 US- a bargain at that price.

Your link doesn't allow access without a login/password.

Tom