Eduard Typo or am I Stupid?

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Eduard Typo or am I Stupid?

Matt Clemente
Matt Clemente

November 19th, 2003, 12:13 am #1

(The Following is Discussion of 1/35th Scale)

Hi, I'm Finally using Photo-Etch for my Sd.Kfz 222 and the Etch is From Eduard. Although on Page 2 of these Instructions on the Right mid way down the page it shows the construction of a Box. And you are essentially makin a Little Lock section. What the Instructions show though are to Cut a 4 mm Long piece of wire on which the Lock would lock around, although here is my idiocy. For the Diameter of the Wire it says 0,5mm. Yes that is a Comma not a Period. Is it supposed to be a Period Implying .5mm Wire for this part. Also who makes .5mm Wire if it is. Does K&S and if so what is the Part Number if you know it? Also Would 22 Guage hanging wire work cause I Saw it for very Cheap at my Home Depot or is 18 Guage more Accurate.

Petr Bednarik
Petr Bednarik

November 19th, 2003, 8:20 am #2

Hello Matt

You may be surprised but decimal symbol is comma in central Europe for hundreds of years. Only since end of 20th century we had to learn use period (because of computers). So be a little bit tolerant (it was from force of habit).
0.5mm is about 0.2 inch (0.19685). You can use some guitar string for example.